tsfn.net

New York Yankees

Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

View:
Sort By:

Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/6/2011 8:44:34 AM

The former rocket goes on trial today. If Bonds got off, I imagine Clemens will, right????

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/6/2011 11:39:04 AM
@cmiller

There are 2 major differences in comparing Bonds and Clemons. 1. Clemons voluntarily went before congress and gave testimony. Bonds was summoned before a Grand Jury and compelled to testify. 2. In regards to Clemons testimony is there any corroboration to dispute what he said besides what McNamee alegges? Is there any other witness? Any other proof? Any receipt, any mailing label, any tape that directly corroborates the allegation that Clemens did all the stuff McNamee told the Mitchell staff he did? Nope. Can't find it. Whereas in Bonds case I have to ask why guy like Anderson is more willing to go to jail than talk, he must have something to hide? Bonds got off and it was far easier to prove he lied to the grand jury than it will be to prove that Clemons lied to Congress. I will be shocked if Clemons is found guilty, not only is ther no corrberation there isn't the will to find him guilty either. Everyone wishes he never went before congress in the first -place and will be more than willing to just go through the motions and then find him innocent.

Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/6/2011 4:13:38 PM
@gcfan

I don't care what the legal system says about all this.  Everyone in America figures these guys used steroids and neither will ever get inside Cooperstown unless they buy a ticket.  The less I hear about them the better.  Given the numbers each put up, the lack of endorsements from corporate America tells you how guilty they are in the eyes of the public.

Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/6/2011 4:22:13 PM
@MarkGC

I agree no way HOF for either of them, not in their lifetime, if ever.

Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/6/2011 4:24:53 PM
@MarkGC

the lack of endorsements from corporate America tells you how guilty they are in the eyes of the public.

Not sure if I'd go there, the public has a very short menmory.  Tiger Woods?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/6/2011 6:50:42 PM
@gcfan

This is how screwed up this county is. Roger is going to the clink and Caysee Anthony walks. 

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/6/2011 7:07:51 PM
@skinsfan24

Did something happen today? Rogers not going to jail, unless there was someone who came forward and cobberrated the testimony his trainer gave.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/7/2011 10:46:12 AM
@gcfan

GCFan- If they do find that he lied, he should spend time in Jail just like Marion Jones and strip of whatever he received during that period of time!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/7/2011 11:36:42 AM
@Terps56

More than anything else, this is a waste of major tax payer money!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/7/2011 11:24:15 PM
@WLS

What??? What Clemen's did was much worse than what Anthony did.  Anthony should get community service...Clemen's should go to jail for a long time.  Your priorities are alll skewed. 

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/7/2011 11:51:17 PM
@Metro90
default avatar Metro90

What??? What Clemen's did was much worse than what Anthony did.  Anthony should get community service...Clemen's should go to jail for a long time.  Your priorities are alll skewed. 

Reply To This Post

Help me understand your reasoning.

Anthony - Accused of murder - convicted of Lying

Clemons - Accused of lying - not yet convicted of anything

Your being sarcastic right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/7/2011 11:55:02 PM
@Metro90
default avatar Metro90

Reply To This Post

Help me understand your reasoning.

Anthony - Accused of murder - convicted of Lying

Clemons - Accused of lying - not yet convicted of anything

Your being sarcastic right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Roger Clemens Guilty (Misremember!?)

7/8/2011 12:05:56 AM
@gcfan

And if you are not being sarcastic how can you justify saying taking steroids is much worse than murder.  because there is just as much proof that she killoed her daughter as there is proof that Clemons took steroids.

My personal nbelief is make steroids legal, and hgh and blood doping, everyone has the same opprtunity to decide for themselves if they want to take it or not and if they do decide they are only hurting themselfs.

And if you say that the ones who take steroids have an unfair advantage then thjose who don't.

Prior to the 1920  Olympics you were banned from sports if you had a proffessional coach training you.  And the justification was the same. In time steroids willl be legal as will everything else that an athl;ete chooses to do to get an advantage over the next. Because there will be no way to test for them as they evolve and become more sophisticated.  And they will realize they are expending to many resourses to police the unpolicable.

You must login to report abuse. Close
Warning! We will be updating TheSportsFanNetwork.com and all TSFN sites shortly.