tsfn.net

Washington D.C. High School Football

DM Football

View:
Sort By:

DM Football

9/11/2011 7:26:47 AM

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. "Vince Lombardi"

Quite frankly, I am looking forward to see how DM coaches and players respond on offense in the following areas: game management, play calling, offensive adjustments - Rico Webb playing offense, DM can't EVER afford to be dominated in the trenches again this season.

So lick your wounds and accept this defeat on your chin. The return of DM power football begins Monday!

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 9:56:38 AM
@icatch
Leave Rico be. Lobbying for a kid to get more PT is severely misguidedand prob hurts the kid more than helps. Rico is a nice kid. Let him be.

9/11/2011 11:01:10 AM

Where is the structure at on this team. We have experienced assistant coaches but we still having our issues with time management. I know it is expected being that it is fairly young in the season but we look very lost on friday nite. Da qb issue is another thing i know that all three qbs were shaky but i think its time 2 stick wit one cause no qb can get in a rhythm if they are not giving a fair opportunity. The 1st qb is not bad but i think if the running game doesnt provide a spark he is limited in his ability. The 2nd qb had us moving but played 3 or 4 series i dont know maybe he got injured but he seemed more than serviceable. The 3rd qb i think  was just a "prisoner of the moment" i think the lights was too bright 4 him but i think he has potential still. Coach Brooks has to decide what direction he wants to take this team. The days of running power i with a dominant o line and winning is over the game has changed. We need to run multiple sets that focuses on running but also has its eyes on aking big plays downfield. Please decide fast coach brooks

Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 12:31:59 PM
@dm diehard

Wow!  It appears the players and fans have already lost confidence in the coaching staff.  The AD's decsion should lead him right to the unemployment line.

9/11/2011 12:35:40 PM
@dm diehard

Its terrible that so many of DeMatha fans really don't want Coach Brooks to succeed. He inherited an absolute MESS that the god almighty C Baucia and McGregor left. The money for recruits is GONE, the alumni want to see him fail and half the returning starters transfered out.  Was at the game Friday nite and what I saw was an offensive line where as these kids are now seniors and haven't played, I saw 5'8 quarterbacks trying to see over 6'5 lineman, small running backs and no receiver play at all. The defense was ok but small and missing several key components.

The kids that left hurt the program. Cockrelle would be the QB, McPherson the RB, Paul Harris WR, the Levenberry Kid LB, J Carlos Alston LB, that's 5 kids that would be starters and it's no telling who else left but losing those kids hurt badly. Do you honestly think losing all that and the money that Coach Brooks would be very successful this year? DeMatha's offense stink but with what they have it should but it looks like the same offense the ole ball coach ran last year, I formation, split wide and hand the ball off with the exception that you don't have D Morton, Sweicky, and a massive experienced OL. With losing Moore, Wilkerson and several others next year DeMatha will most likely be even worse but give the Coach time.

Watched Gilman last nite and C Baucia is NOT an offensive genious that some of you are claiming. Gilman basically run the wildcat and would've been much better off lining up Cyrus Jones at QB and give him the ball 30 times just as they did D Jennings last year. Gilmans offense under Baucia was nothing more than Gilmans offense last year but Cockrelle is a stud. DeMatha's program is in disaray because of the mess McGregor left not Coach Brooks.

Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 12:51:13 PM
@carrollfan

Carroll -why is the program in a mess? because thye lost some kids? and bill left? from what i understand from a few people the freshman class is strong and the sophmore class is very strong with much potential..you can't judge coach brooks(or anybody) after 2 games...let the kids grow up and the inexperienced sr's gain more experience and hope coach brooks don't forget about the youmg talent on the bench..

Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 12:58:01 PM
@icetee

It's 2 games. There not gonna win the WCAC this year but don't give up on the guy after 2 games. Hope they rebuild. Not a DeMatha guy but they were always the team that being from DC people from other areas knew about. Good Luck.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 1:08:57 PM
@ps019364

please point to one post that says baucia is an offesnive genius?  that is noone's point.  the point is that he and bill both had success and were pushed out by ETSU (donor) and Barb (development director ) and a and the results are what we have seent hus far.  Elijah was put in a bad spot but has not made good moves since. 

9/11/2011 1:06:09 PM
@icetee

icetee don't be in denial, do you not think that program is a mess? I am a Brooks fan but he playing spades right now with a handful of red cards.

9/11/2011 1:09:56 PM
@carrollfan

Read my post, i am saying give Coach Brooks a chance just as Mike Jones had a few bumps in the road. Trust when i tell you without the money it is gonna be a hard job to pull off.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 1:56:27 PM
@carrollfan

Elijah Brooks has just coached his second game.  Please give the guy a break.  He will get DeMatha back to the top again.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 2:08:38 PM
@Bando

Here's a thought...  12-18 months ago this site was dominated by kids talking smack before and after games (the back and forth between GC and DM kids before the championship games was classic)...  you know kids that actually have a vested interest as either players or buddies who are still in school or just graduated.  Now the site has been hijacked by 'adults' who want to press or defend there own personal agenda's or promote their kid.  Why don't we give the site back to the kids and leave our own 'mature' needs out of it.  I'm over 40 I'll start... I'm out!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 2:11:55 PM
@gcguys

If Dematha want to win....put rico in!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 4:10:42 PM
@maxwell23

I went to the game Friday.  Here are some fans' comments I heard:  "Brooks is a clown"  DeMatha is done"  "Coaches look like a bunch of idiots on sidelines"  etc. And these were Dematha fans!!!!

McGregorlleft the program is a good situation.  He didn'y hire the coach and he actually endorsed someone else.  The AD is to blame for DM's demise.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 5:30:07 PM
@PGs Finest

Come on!  Give the coaches and the AD a break.  DeMatha is not a joke and will be back with a vengeance.  Maybe not this year, but they will be back.

9/11/2011 8:04:36 PM
@PGs Finest
PG Finest or anyone else, please explain how McGregor left Dematha in a good situation. Football program several hundred thousand in the hole, no money for incoming recruits, gone is the #1 LB 2013 in the country, gone is QB, gone is a legit high major RB, 6'4 D1 WR and many others. Can someone please explain how did he leave the program in good shape, i cant wait to hear this one!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/11/2011 8:12:57 PM
@carrollfan

carrollfan-

brother....youre on to something. you actually got some real info there buddy. bought time someone laid it on the line.

brooks is digging out of multiple wholes. now dont get me wrong, getting blanked the other night is some real crap. he needs to change that but other than that, i like where he is going.

keep preaching man.

9/11/2011 8:15:08 PM

carrollfan, I'm curious as to what you mean by "no money for incoming recruits".  Please elaborate.

9/11/2011 9:18:49 PM
@pbuckley

Carrollfan, you are correct on who left the team, but it was not McGregor fault.  He was pretty much forced out.  He saw the writing on the wall.

9/11/2011 9:27:54 PM
@pbuckley

Welcome back pbuckley. Haven't heard from you in awhile.

9/11/2011 9:51:54 PM

Some people keep mentioning "money for recruits". What's up with that?  How much tuition for football players is/was getting paid by 3rdparties at DM? Is it really that bad if players have to pay tuition like non-players? Wouldn't you want young men who want to be at DM and not just young men are at DM because some one is paying their tuition?  I'm starting to think the WCAC is like the wild, wild west!

9/11/2011 10:06:28 PM
@Bmorecareful

Bmorecareful- Think before you speak. People who live in glass houses should be more careful of what they say and do

9/11/2011 10:18:59 PM
@DMGrad

Bmorecareful- If you think the WCAC is sounding like the wild wild west maybe you could think of certain schools in the MIAA as an open bank policy.

9/11/2011 10:41:24 PM
@Bmorecareful

Lets talk about the positives. DM's defense. The defense made big plays, had big stops and kept DM in the game all night. DM's defense only allowed a total of 81 yards against CHC who had all returning senior skill players and one of the best QB's in the state of MD. DM's defense allowed 10 points. (1.) A bad snap from center to punter which CHC recovered inside of DM's 15 yard line that lead to a field goal. A total of 3 points for the half. (2.) CHC had a long punt return to DM's 3 yard line. It wasn't until 3 and goal CHC scored a TD. For most of the night CHC was 3 and out. For two straight weeks DM's defense has dominated two MIAA football programs from the beginning to the end. DM's defense continues to create turnovers.     

9/11/2011 11:41:48 PM

I did think before I posted. The WCAC is exponentially more out of control than the MIAA. I can think of ONE MIAA school that throws money around like that. A Harco Horns coach told me at least 5 WCAC schools (SJC, DM, GC, Carroll, BM) were recruiting his kids. That would be like MIAA schools recruiting in NOVA.

9/12/2011 1:33:47 AM
@Bmorecareful

speaking as an alumni and I have spoke to others. No alumni wants Brooks to fail. Let be clear if he fails then that is our name adn rep that fails. Alumni are upset in teh manner in which they lost this is a fact. Some alumni no very little about Coach Brooks so as you can imagine they have a low tolerance for failure. Aslo like coach Broks who have a good portion of teh alumni who played for and took class from Coach McGregor so they have set a high bar for him and have low tolerance for failure. Coach Brooks true test will come in the the next few weeks. If his DeMatha team responds in the tradtion the coach McGregor left us then the anger will die down

9/12/2011 7:41:51 AM
@lrn1991

DM should beat GZ, Carrol, BM, O'Connol, and be in a dog fight with SJ.  A win is a win, but DM in the past  would normally blow them out in the third quarter.  GC might score 60 points on DM this year.

So far the the  top teams in the WCAC are as follows:  1. GC, 2. DM or SJ, probably DM 3. and everybody else.  WCAC is very weak this year.

As for money for paying players tuition. DM has it, the question is will they spend it for football players. Your better players do pay very little tution, if any. In order o win you not only need good players but role players. Kids will no longer come to DM if they are treated like crap by that coaching staff.  And, the parents that are getting a little money, they try to ride it out.  People with options use them. If you are paying $13k a year and are not getting the services that you need  academically and athletically or whatever. You are in the wrong place. If they are giving you money they have control over your kid and you if you cannot pay at another school.  Alot of kids at DM received need based grants.

9/12/2011 7:41:13 AM

-- Here are some fans' comments I heard:  DeMatha is done"  "Coaches look like a bunch of idiots on sidelines"  etc. And these were Dematha fans!!!!

Got news for you Baucia -- these were the same comments people made about you last year during the Gilman and Gonzaga games and the last two championship games.

9/12/2011 9:13:22 AM

carrollfan, Grid Guy or whatever fake handle you are using this week Tom, you're fooling no one.  We know you make up aliases and act like you are from another school, but that is a heck of a lot of DeMatha knowledge you're dropping here. 

You reap what you sow Tom and feeding Dave and others all the lies about Baucia and other DM alums is catching up to you. We know what little money DM had has left the building because no one wants to give you a dime.  Change is a fact fo life and no one has to support the changes going on at DeMatha.  Alums are voting with their wallet.  And students are voting with their tuition.  How's that enrollment these days, guys?

But telling us to get off these boards because you spent years bad mouthing alums far more successful than you? Not a chance.

Youth is in!

9/12/2011 9:46:34 AM
@CrossCheck

As i have put facts behind my post, I am still waiting for someone to explain how Coach Brooks is suppose to succeed with what he has to work with. Dematha folks want to criticize the Coach but nobody has ANSWERS for how to make it work. Still waiting for a plan!

Amazing how everyone is talking about SJC being possibly the 2nd best team in the WCAC and Carroll beat them last year and is probably stronger this year. Coach Rick has multiple hi major kids and Carroll still gets no respect but that's fine, Coach will have the boys ready !

Not a DeMatha hater but just asking because I would like to see the Coach of color get the same shot as the other guy and that's real talk.

9/12/2011 10:12:44 AM
@carrollfan

How is he supposed to win with no Money? The same way 95% of teams in this area Due. Coach it up. The cupboards are not empty at Dematha. They are more loaded than 99% of the schools by leaps and bounds. Get rid of the 40 coaches on the sidelines, To many cooks in the kitchen never produces a good meal. Cut the Staff down to 10 and return to technique and Basics. Calvert Hall may of had 2 -3 players that would have the size speed and ability to play at Dematha. They had 25 that had heart and believed in what they were asked.They gave their all every play and as a team they beat a group of Individuals. Come together as one and Dematha will be fine. In the last 30 years Dematha has had 6 undefeated seasons. Most years they lose 2. A cople losses this year is not some disaster. You lost 1 game and every one wants to throw the coaches and players under the Bus. Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!

9/12/2011 3:40:48 PM
@oldschool28

oldschool28 come on now with the "Coach em Up' stuff, that phrase is so overrated. Give me 11 5 star dudes and you take 11 1 star dudes and COACH EM UP as best as they can be coached and I will still beat you by 70! DeMatha had the same amount of sideline "HELP" under McGregor but no one told him to get rid of the guys. I don't know what Calvert Hall team you were looking at to say they had 2-3 kids that can play at Dematha but their entire offensive line would start, #11 and #44 would start, their QB would start so here we go again with someone responding with nonsense. Like i say i'm not a Dematha hater but just trying to get a better understanding of how dematha alum expect Coach Brooks to be successful with the MESS Mcgregor left.

9/12/2011 6:49:36 PM
@carrollfan

carrollfan- if you are just talking about talent...i don't think bill left a mess behind..not sure if you know but levenberry and mcphearson left dm while bill was still there for non-football related reasons...and shane lives closer to gilman and has a close relationship w/baucia (from what i understand) so it makes sense for him to play at gilman imo...sure there ar e other kids that left..but do you realize the number of major talent kids who left dm while bill was there over the yrs for any number of reasons? what was so great about calvert hall's OL? that team has d1 prospects at qb(yes HE would play at dm), wr and rb and gained all of 81 total yrds. of offense against the dematha defense playimg a number of sophmores(these are facts)..there is talent at dm..it's the coaches job to sort it out and put the best players in the game at the positions where they will help the most...they are 1-1 and if the offense had done anything at all vs. calvert they would be 2-0 anmd would have defeated the 3rd best team in the state(calvert)...did i mention they held the 3rd best tean in the state to 81 yrds. of total offense? if you just listen to talk board chatter i'm sure it feels like a mess...i don't think so but only time will really tell..in the meantime i will continue to support coach brooks and the kids...

9/12/2011 7:05:39 PM
@icetee

carrol fan i will also say this...there are young kids on the bench who were recruited by every private school in the area and even from baltimore...hopefully those kids will play some this yr..even when they do, they still wiil be sophmores(and 1 or 2 freshman) playing there first varsity games so the expectations must be realistic for this yr..coach brooks has talent available ..it's just very young and in terms of sr's who haven't played much, inexperienced..

9/13/2011 1:11:58 AM
@carrollfan

High School Football has a lot to do with coaching. Thats where it starts and ends. Lets look at the WCAC.

#1 Moss Collins

Then came

#2 Bill McGregor

Now it is 

Bob Milloy

State Titiles

Bob Milloy  Spring Brooke/Sherwood/GC

Al Thomas  Seneca Valley/ Sherwood

Dave Caruthers   Seneca/Linganore/Urbana

Rick Conner   Urbana/Linganore

Coaching win Championships not Players

Maybe you need to Coch them up yourselve 

9/13/2011 7:11:09 AM
@oldschool28

A High School Team is only as good as  the talent that it brings in, so my question is......Where is the young Middle School talent coming from?.....and some of you guys need to get off Brooks' jock!.. I dont know the Man...but Damn, you're certainly not slam'n Brady like this!...or what about the Dude down at McNamara who lost every game last year!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/13/2011 7:29:50 AM
@MAGNUMD32

I believe people are not really pissed off at Brooks, but at DM's mgmt for selecting the least qualified candidate for the coaching job.  From what I hear Brooks lack of humility does  him a disservice.  Is Deno still coaching defense?

9/13/2011 10:04:20 AM
@tdown

There is a lot of hate out there to address.

DeMatha getting shut-out is not the end of the world, in my opinion. Head Coach Elijah Brooks is going to be okay, also.  Anybody that thinks that Head Coach Brooks shouldn't have gotten the job is a disgruntled, because clearly he is qualified: and nobody ever says why he isn't.  (Kids, you should think about that: if anybody says you aren't qualified and they don't ever have a reason then you already know...)

Every year we seem to go through these claims of WCAC players getting paid to play, and not one of them is substantiated.  Nobody has ever come forward and said that they received money to play in the past, either.  Wouldn't we have a Univerisity of Miami situation by now?  Nobody is in the first person, yet.

I'm all for speculation but if you aren't going to be on these boards kicking facts then eventually it becomes hard to follow logic.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/14/2011 11:55:46 PM
@dicooper
9/13/2011 10:04:20 AM
user avatar dicooper

There is a lot of hate out there to address.

DeMatha getting shut-out is not the end of the world, in my opinion. Head Coach Elijah Brooks is going to be okay, also.  Anybody that thinks that Head Coach Brooks shouldn't have gotten the job is a disgruntled, because clearly he is qualified: and nobody ever says why he isn't.  (Kids, you should think about that: if anybody says you aren't qualified and they don't ever have a reason then you already know...)

Every year we seem to go through these claims of WCAC players getting paid to play, and not one of them is substantiated.  Nobody has ever come forward and said that they received money to play in the past, either.  Wouldn't we have a Univerisity of Miami situation by now?  Nobody is in the first person, yet.

I'm all for speculation but if you aren't going to be on these boards kicking facts then eventually it becomes hard to follow logic.

Reply To This Post

Dicooper, define "paid to play"?

If you mean getting tuition paid for playing football, it happens, trust me.

Chris I'm confused

9/15/2011 4:46:08 PM
@gcfan

You present a long list of "ifs" and "buts" on EB; yet you said repeatly you didn't want the pressure of being a HC? What's up with that?

Besides how much more pressure can it be over being an offensive coordinator?

9/16/2011 8:48:43 AM
@gcfan

gcfan,

Thanks for reinforcing my message to the point of reposting exactly what I just wrote without acknowledging that you just contributed to the confusion surrounding the difference between tuition assistance and athletic scholarships.

Like I just wrote, has ANYBODY ever come forward on this site from DeMatha or any other school in the WCAC and said that they received money to play a sport?

I'd love to trust some dude on the interwebs, but what we are all looking for is a FIRST PERSON account, and clearly you aren't about to put yourself out there so sit down.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/20/2011 1:07:22 PM
@dicooper

dicooper,

"'you just contributed to the confusion surrounding the difference between tuition assistance and athletic scholarships"

The difeerence between tution assistance and athletic scholarships is semantics.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/21/2011 10:06:27 AM
@gcfan

dicooper,

I'd love to trust some dude on the interwebs, but what we are all looking for is a FIRST PERSON account, and clearly you aren't about to put yourself out there so sit down.

I had to think about this for a day. I have first hand knowledge of 4 WCAC schools that offered

money in the form of " tution assistance", from 1/3 to full ride, in addition at 1 school there was no need to take the entrance exam, at 1 school a coaching position was offered, and  every school but 1 came right out and said up front how much they would give when asked.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/21/2011 3:38:30 PM
@gcfan

Just to clarify, are you saying that you were offered money to play sports?  That is quite a bombshell to be dropping without details.

Please, do tell.  You will be the first.

Also, I think that calling the differences between tuition assistance (need based) and athletic scholarship (merit based) "semantics" is a bit sophomoric.  They both have clear definitions and either your parents needed the money, or they didn't.  And lastly, what if you or someone takes the money offered presumably to play a sport and then refuses to play?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/21/2011 3:42:33 PM
@dicooper

So this is the part where you should talk to your parents and try and figure this out.  Most kids have no idea what their parents are really worth and might think that they got some sort of merit-based scholarship because that is often the easier explanation.  

I'm not saying that this is always the case, but I'm saying it happens more than you think.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 2:55:25 AM
@dicooper

I am saying when the coaches called the house to recruit, I asked how much they would give toward tution and in 3 cases was told up front, in one case they said I would have to apply but don't worry the coach had some say and he gave me a ballpark number.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 2:57:14 AM
@gcfan

Also this was 8 years ago and there is only one coach still coaching,

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 3:01:13 AM
@gcfan

Dicooper I am the parent and there was nothing need based, in fact GC offered more money after the first year and we declined.  BTW GC was the school that wouldn't tell us up front.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 9:14:24 AM
@gcfan

DC Sports Fan is going down in history as the forum whereby a father basically incriminates himself and casts serious doubt about his son's education.

Thanks for the honesty, gcfan.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 10:01:52 AM
@dicooper

No I did not incriminate myself, again a question of semantics.  I said GC was the only school to not tell me up front how much to expect and made me apply for "financial aid".  Also when they offer more money they do it in a form of a letter home offering you to apply for a "new" scholarship.

It is all done by the book, but with a wink and a nod.  And if you think that this is not(or was) common practice you are the one who is sophomoric.  And I had serious doubts about my sons education when he was a freshman and my concerns went unanswered or addressed.  But that is a whole different story.  And that is why we paid $48,000.00 to send him for a year of post graduate studies before college.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 11:51:51 AM
@gcfan

Yeah, smart.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 3:17:43 PM
@dicooper

I have many many faults,, but not being smart, is not one of them./  Though gramer and spelling are.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 4:09:47 PM
@gcfan

I had two boys go to Dematha, both involved in athletics, I would of been very dissapointed if I had concerns about their education as early as their freshman year and nothing happened and a college prep school was needed.  Way to many parents put more effort into their childs sports and far to little effort into their education.  Only 5% of high school athletes play in college and only 2% of college athletes go on to the pros.  EDUCATION its important.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DM Football

9/22/2011 7:13:20 PM
@PLFives

Don't get me started, but I will say the admin at GC has changed and one day when all the principles are no longer working at all the respective schools I'may tell the good and the bad that went on in  one particular instance, it is out of a Kafka novel. 

To The Teacher

9/12/2011 11:12:07 AM

Please go to the DeMatha School Library since you supposedly teach there and ask Mrs. Duffy for the 1960 Yearbook. It has all my and my classmates details on our 4 years as Stags.

Dan McMahon and Ed King have never asked my input on any decision they have ever made.

All of my conversations were directly with Bill McGregor; and he was not pleased with what I had to say. I last talked to Bill about 45-days ago.

Please get your facts straight.

Re: To The Teacher

9/13/2011 11:17:20 AM
@ETSU

Hello? Are you there The Teacher? Your homework is overdue...

Re: Re: To The Teacher

9/13/2011 6:28:57 PM
@ETSU

Everyone knows TheTeacher is just Pittman... Maybe Lattanzi.

You're pulling my chain

9/13/2011 8:23:58 PM
@oseagdha

Pittman was an intern 7 years ago and Joshua teaches Religion. I think you're pulling my chain.

You're pulling my chain

9/13/2011 8:24:50 PM
@oseagdha

Pittman was an intern 7 years ago and Joshua teaches Religion. I think you're pulling my chain.

Re: You're pulling my chain

9/13/2011 9:12:16 PM
@ETSU

A few reasons why Brooks was not the most qualified candidate:

1)  Never a coordinator so he did not have to develop or manage a game plan

2)  Never in a job that required leadership

3)  Very little, if any, experirence recruiting

4)  Some people claim (I don't know) that he was a mediocre position coach

5) Just because someone is a good player does not translate into a good coach.  I would argue that most great players are horrible coaches

6)  No experience fundraising.  One of the biggest jobs of a HC (HS or college) is to get donations from deep pocketed alumni, not the nickle and dime nonsense.

You're right Chris

9/13/2011 9:14:56 PM
@PGs Finest

Biff can teach you all those skills.

Re: You're right Chris

9/13/2011 9:51:49 PM
@ETSU

So you agree.

No Chris I do not agree

9/13/2011 11:07:19 PM
@PGs Finest

I only acknoweldged your obsession.

9/12/2011 11:18:05 AM

Christopher Baucia, oops I meant to say CrossCheck, oops I meant PgsFinest, oops I lose track of your different names on here. Answer this for me Christopher Baucia.....Why is it that in almost every thread that you post on dcsportsfan.com, no matter what the subject is, somehow the name DeMatha comes up in your threads lol? We all know that you wish you were still there. You have to feel that way to bring up their name SO MUCH. Then on the back end of it, now that you aren't there anymore, you decide to come on a message board and bad mouth them lol. You act like you were perfect at DeMatha while coaching............Did you have some success, yes? But you also had some faults. What coach in this country doesn't have its faults from time to time? Bill had his.........I know that you want Coach Brooks and his staff to fail. You have said that, in so many words, through your 50 million different usernames that you use on here lol. But at the end of the day, it just seems like you will never get over the fact that you aren't there anymore. And if you do so happen to respond to this, don't give me that BS about you didn't want to be there anymore, they kicked you out, etc. Come up with a different excuse. Those few excuses are getting old lol. Have a great day Christopher Baucia.

9/13/2011 11:17:54 PM

So i guess dematha was suppose to win every game this year huh. If they would of won that game DM & coach brooks would be the talk of the town. Lets wait and see how the season ends to start talking down on coach the head coach. i hope he proves any the down talkers worng. Im not a Dematha fan and never have been. But right now all I can say is LETS GO DEMATHA!!!!!

You must login to report abuse. Close
Attention! We will be updating TheSportsFanNetwork.com and all TSFN sites shortly.