tsfn.net

New York Knicks

Crawford spurns Knicks

View:
Sort By:

Crawford spurns Knicks

12/15/2011 6:38:05 AM

Unwilling to accept a one year deal for 2.5 million - the Knicks only remaining cap exception - Jamal Crawford has turned back New York's offer and has narrowed his potential team choices to Sacramento and Portland. With the former Knick guard out of the picture, the team is turning its attention to resigning forward Shawne Williams. Discuss.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: Crawford spurns Knicks

12/15/2011 2:14:27 PM
@NYSportsFan Staff

I dont know about Crawford but what do you think about Bibby running the point? He is right?

Re: Re: Crawford spurns Knicks

12/15/2011 4:13:42 PM
@GiantsFan

Bibby was terrible for Miami last year, not counting on him much. Baron Davis is a much better option. For the Knicks to really be a contendor, Mr. Toney Douglas needs to assert himself this season. He doesn't need to be a Chris Paul type of point guard for this offense to work, but he needs to be resilient on both ends of the floor.

Re: Re: Re: Crawford spurns Knicks

12/15/2011 6:01:20 PM
@mikeandmad33

Can you blame him? He's getting at least 3 million more and he's still going to a contender. It's the Trail Blzers, it's not like he chose New Jersey like good ole' Shawny. That's the choice that bothers me. Williams I think realized he was hardly going to have a chance to pad his stats playing behind Anthony so he bolted to the Nets. Do your thing, man, whatever.

Maurice Evans is an option for the Knicks. Last seen with Washington, he's a good defender and a quality guy off the bench.

#theknickshavenobench

Re: Re: Re: Re: Crawford spurns Knicks

12/15/2011 6:06:42 PM
@ahouston1

If the Knicks chase and sign Evans, anyone know if they will still be able to sign Baron Davis for the minimum? Can they sign multiple free agents for this amount?

And yes, I agree, this team is very thin. Scary thin.

Re: Crawford spurns Knicks

12/15/2011 7:42:32 PM

The bench is not as thin as people think.  People thought the bench was incredibly weak last season as well when we had nobody's like timofey mozgov, shawne williams and bill walker.  Shawne proved he could succeed in this system.  Mozgov proved to be valuable and evidently a key peice in us getting Carmelo and Bill Walker also had his moments.  Walker has proven he can hit the three.  He can also attack the basket.  I am very high on Iman Shumpert and think he can be a contributor right away.  While Jared Jeffries obviously has his short comings, being a backup big man is a role he has fit well before.  Jeffries, save one play at the end of game 2 in the celtics series, played very well once he was reaquired.  Mike Bibby certainly is not what he once was.  He never was a great defender or slasher though.  He was a distributor who hit open shots.  He can still do that on this team with Stat and Melo.  People will point to him being benched in the Finals last year.  That was because Mario Chalmers was playing phenominally.  I would love to see the Knicks sign another wing player to play defense and hit open shots.  I do not think they are as thin as everyone is making them out to be. 

Re: Re: Crawford spurns Knicks

12/16/2011 3:59:26 AM
@ZachAttack

Davis and Bibby need to be the second team guards. I just hope they can land Baron, because there would be two savvy, veteran guards with playoff experience. Remember, we don't need them to be staters, just quality reserves who give quality minutes. And yea, I'm comfortable too like ZachAttack said with Jeffries coming off the bench. He can defend multiple positions and, again, bring experience to the lineup. Bill Walker? He's up and down. Is there one player the Knicks need a breakthrough year from more than Mr. Walker? I don't think so. Having him develop into a reliable sixth or seventh man would be a huge catalyst.

Bo Outlaw?

12/16/2011 4:23:26 PM
@mikeandmad33

The New York Post is reporting that Bo Outlaw, who was "amnestied" by the Nets this week, is being considered by the Knicks' brass. The guy hasn't even played since 2007-2008, I don't believe. What are they thinking?

Re: Bo Outlaw?

12/16/2011 6:28:07 PM
@mikeandmad33

Travis Outlaw.  He played last year for the Nets after signing a big deal.  He was there huge free agent move last summer hahahahaha.  he really struggled but was good when he played with the blazers for a bunch of years. 

Re: Re: Bo Outlaw?

12/16/2011 11:29:52 PM
@ZachAttack

Ohh lol! That makes more sense. Don't know much about him but looking at his bio, stats and makeup, could be a good 3/4 combo to back up the big boys. What do you think?

Baron Davis clears amnesty waivers

12/16/2011 11:32:56 PM

Davis is now an unrestricted free agent. Was his agent overselling his injury, which he claimed will keep the point guard out about two months, to keep anyone from claiming him and clearing his road to sign with the Knicks? We'll find out in the next few days.

You must login to report abuse. Close
Warning! We will be updating TheSportsFanNetwork.com and all TSFN sites shortly.