tsfn.net

Washington D.C. High School Football

DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

View:
Sort By:

DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/29/2012 8:20:33 AM

I'll be at the game today and will try to post updates here. I'm not really sure what to expect from O'Connell this year, but they are definately improved. Stay tuned!

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/29/2012 11:20:55 AM
@DeMathaPride

With everything that the Knights have been through, I wouldn't be surprised if they were putting together something special.

Virginia WCAC teams have a history of sneaking up on the rest of the conference because they get overlooked.

Great season so far.

Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/29/2012 2:29:05 PM
@dicooper

3-3 in the first quarter. O'Connell looks legit

Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/29/2012 2:35:36 PM
@DeMathaPride

DM will pull away by at least 2 TD's

Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/29/2012 3:15:34 PM
@smdeagles
Any updates?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/29/2012 3:16:31 PM
@silverbullet
Disregard. Thanks.

9/29/2012 5:00:32 PM
@DeMathaPride

DeMatha has too many Stag studs on both sides of the ball for O'Connell but the game was very close when penalties kept setting them back.

Milly was at the game scouting with his staff.  With Gonzaga out of the picture already it is easy to see the Falcons focusing on the Stags now.  

DeMatha still has plenty of business to handle in the league before they can puff their chests up but Coach Brooks has impressed me.  I knew he wouldn't let me down on reunion night though.

Bishop O'Connell is going to beat someone that they ordinarily don't.  I thought they looked much better than years past.  Which makes me wonder what is really happening over there at Carroll?

9/29/2012 5:11:24 PM
@dicooper

Bishop O'Connell has St. John's, Gonzaga, and McNamara at home the next three weeks and I would not be surprised at all if two out of the three leave Arlington with a loss.  If they do, they are in the playoffs.

I guess McNamara is on the outside looking in right now after their loss to Gonzaga.  Strange things could be brewing though.

9/29/2012 6:47:08 PM
@dicooper

How can you say gonzaga is out of the picture. They won today. And last time I checked your little fairy stags have not beaten the eagles since Brady has taken helm of the program. So dematha should just keep their mouths shut

9/29/2012 10:27:28 PM
@giantman2012

Where did I say that Gonzaga was out of the picture?

I don't think that you read that correctly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/30/2012 12:51:31 AM
@dicooper

Coop, it was where you said "with Gonzaga out of the picture already".    It was a quote.  No offense should be taken   It wasn't said as it was received,nut nonetheless, it was said.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/30/2012 2:46:47 AM
@WMAC Time
Such a shame for a fan base who claim academic supremacy. Reading comprehension is a must. Re-read his post please, carefully. Nice try.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/30/2012 2:51:34 AM
@silverbullet
Super ridiculous hint here........ He was referring to Gonzaga being out of GC's way. It's not always about DM, guys.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/30/2012 7:31:22 PM
@WMAC Time

Just to clear up, I meant that Good Counsel and Gonzaga have already played.  I expect Gonzaga will be a contender like everybody else because they were the runner up last year, but we'll find out about all the teams before Halloween.

From Good Counsel's standpoint, Gonzaga is already out of their way.

The defending champions are in the driver's seat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

9/30/2012 8:01:40 PM
@dicooper

I know what you meant, Coop.  And you are right.   Likely, in the conference, someone is going to end up unbeaten, someone is going to end with one loss, and someone with two.  This weekend's game is the key.  Good Luck to your boys!

9/29/2012 3:14:21 PM

Halftime: DeMatha 24, O'Connell 3

9/29/2012 4:18:57 PM

DeMatha leading 41-10 late

9/29/2012 4:34:22 PM
@BigBrother

DM is legit this year. This team should be ranked in the top twenty five Nationally.

9/29/2012 4:36:20 PM
Just like I said before, oconnell has done a nice job but not ready for the big boys yet. If jim Hayes or steve tremble were given the money oconnell is now using to buy players they would have already been a top 4 team each season

10/1/2012 2:00:48 PM
@scandals4

Check the roster from last season and you will see the same players.  Remember one thing, all men are created equal, some work harder during the pre-season and that is what they have done.  There is a new coaching staff, philosophy, offense and defense and the kids are responding.  I would not be so quick to close the chapter based on one game.  That would be foolish.

10/1/2012 2:20:55 PM
@benmagee

actually benmagee, there are 12 new players from last season, 7 are impact players. o'connell is starting to give significant financial aid for players in p.g. county. they have done a nice job but are not ready for the big boys, they never will be. all i am saying is if you would have given that money to steve tremble or jim hayes they would have already been this competitive

10/1/2012 2:50:48 PM
@scandals4

Agreed.  Why would you say they will never be ready for the big boys though?  That is a bold statement. The freshman class looks pretty strong and they have been playing some good JV ball so far this season.

10/1/2012 11:05:06 PM
@benmagee

Man please....like I said....SJC, Zag, GC will blast them....OC is not physical enough for any of them....It's the truth....when OC only scores 27 on an 0-5 Ireton team that is all I need to see. Was at that game....I've seen them....they will get mauled. I gotta see McNamara's psyche when they play....they just came off two tough loses.

OC is not ready...just the reality....I'm not trying to be insulting...but I've seen the teams....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: DeMatha vs. O'Connell Score

10/1/2012 11:06:17 PM
@afros

...and FYI, everyone has injuries 5 games into the season...depth is another advantage that GC, Zag and SJC have....

If I end up wrong please call me out!

9/29/2012 4:40:18 PM

Final: DeMatha 41, O'Connell 10

9/29/2012 5:24:43 PM
Not a chance will oconnell make the playoffs

9/29/2012 6:13:21 PM
@scandals4

Who are these guys watching that say O'Connell can beat SJC or Zag....they will be beatdown much the same way DM

Only way they sneak Mac, is if Mac tanks because of the tough losses to SJC and Zag. OC has NO SHOT @ all vs. ZAG, SJC and GC! They will each physically punish them....and Mc should too.

Play cupcakes early makes your win percentage respectable, but bottom line is it does not prepare the team for WCAC speed and power!

Not a shot @ the coach, but that's simply the reality....who'd they beat....winless BI, Rykeb maybe!! Smh

10/1/2012 1:57:34 PM
@afros

O'Connell had 5 key players injured to include leading rusher Kamrin Moore, whom will be back for the St. Johns matchup and 6'9" OL Dean Jones whom will be returning as well.  I would not be quick to judge O'Connell's credibility on one game. 

You must login to report abuse. Close
Attention! We will be updating TheSportsFanNetwork.com and all TSFN sites shortly.