2016 WCAC Track and Field Sleeper Teams

4/11/2016 10:58:07 PM
BigShop
4/11/2016 10:58:07 PM Report Abuse

Which Track and Field team do you think is slept on the most in 2016?

GC?

GZ?

St Johns?

ABC?

GP?

McNamara?

Seton?

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
NewDC_Jon
4/12/2016 9:48:59 AM Report Abuse

GP is certainly the sleeper track and field program in the WCAC. They are so under the radar for WCAC track that most people don't even know they are in the WCAC - mainly because they arent. 

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
kjj348
4/12/2016 10:06:18 AM Report Abuse

Sleeper team means the team that is overlooked right? Sooooo wouldn't that be all track and field teams? I mean, we hear about individual talent all the time because some amazing runners come out of this area. But when was the last time anyone outside of the teams competing really cared about the team aspect of track and field?

smdeagles
4/12/2016 11:40:00 AM Report Abuse

Agreed all track and field is overlooked.

However, in the spirit of the question, ABC should have had more press than they have received. They are nationaly ranked in a couple of relays and have some outstanding individual performers. Should  be an interesting championship with them and DM in the sprints and sprint relays. BMC has some sprinters this year and GZ and SJC could always sorprise as they are usually solid. GZ usually gets you in the "offline" events......field events, distance events. I have been to meets and GZ never won an event I watched on the track but won the overall meet because of field events while getting 3rd, 4th or 5th in track events.  That said, the answer to your question is probably ABC this year but the answer can change every year. I hope ABC matches up against TC Williams at some point this year as TCW has nationaly ranked sprinters as well.  

kjj348
4/12/2016 3:08:29 PM Report Abuse

well i'm still going with prep.

Teddyrux
5/13/2016 8:48:51 AM Report Abuse

Elizabeth Seton cannot be considered a sleeper team since they have won the WCAC Track & Field Championship on the Girls side for 9 consecutive years.  If they win this year, they will have won 10 straight Championships......

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close