default avatar

Bishop Gorman 34 De La Salle, CA 7 Final Score

9/17/2017 12:28:15 AM

Makes the St. John's/DeMatha game that much more interesting....

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: Bishop Gorman 34 De La Salle, CA 7 Final Score

9/19/2017 9:04:19 AM
@BigDrop

Ok.......I'll bite.......why???

default avatar

Re: Re: Bishop Gorman 34 De La Salle, CA 7 Final Score

9/19/2017 10:18:22 AM
@araiderfan

Guessing it is because De La Salle won in a squeaker v SJC a few weeks back and DeMatha lost to Gorman to open the season. 

Re: Re: Re: Bishop Gorman 34 De La Salle, CA 7 Final Score

9/20/2017 2:43:45 AM
@NewDC_Jon
I Agree

Yeah it made it somewhat more interesting but unfortunately, we aren't talking about a DMV takeover of the USA Today top five.  In football, our league is in turmoil but we managed to have two teams in the Top 25 anyway.  We tried it this year but it didn't work out.  I, for one, am a believer in DMV football.  I think that there will be a team to finish in the number 1 spot from the area soon.  It will not be this year but I am glad that there are teams from the area still shooting for the stars.

Imagine if everybody is undefeated right now.  It would have been completely crazy and it would have sent the message that the DMV is here to stay.  They probably would have ranked Wise too, by now.  

Anyway it was nice to dream.  Let's see what this does to the out of state schedules for our schools next year.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bishop Gorman 34 De La Salle, CA 7 Final Score

9/20/2017 10:37:09 AM
@dicooper

How exactly is the WCAC in "turmoil"? Sure, what's going on at SJC is terrible, but DeMatha is incredibly strong as always, OLGC is building again under Stefanelli, Gonzaga is strong, SMR appears to be on the rise, and the WCAC is heading back to a 2 conference league for football. All good things. Shoot, even ABC has won 2 straight for the first time in 2 years! To have two teams make the top 25 nationally, one of whom actually did so doing things the right way, is not a sign of a league in turmoil. A couple of high profile loses sting, but the rep of the league is basically as strong as ever. 

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bishop Gorman 34 De La Salle, CA 7 Final Score

10/5/2017 6:44:56 PM
@NewDC_Jon

Hopefully, I answered your question.  I had these thoughts in mind when writing about the 2017 WCAC Football Preview: SNAFU.  Basically, we are still a year or so away from any kind of solution.

You must login to report abuse. Close