default avatar

Cue the Crickets

11/13/2017 12:45:41 PM

Well where is everybody? Guess they are exhausted after putting out the dumpster fire on Military Road.  Nothing for 2 days after St. John's beats Dematha twice in one year, guess you all are in therapy.  This is proof that this forum is mostly a Dematha group chat.  Built different, yea looks like the fans too.  Have fun raking leaves Saturday, I'll be at UMD. Fireball.........................

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: Cue the Crickets

11/13/2017 12:49:06 PM
@SJCFIREBALL

You guys beat us for the first time since 1995?? Or something like that. Do it again next year before you start yapping.Even the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl every year...

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: Re: Cue the Crickets

11/13/2017 12:54:26 PM
@DeMathaPride

Welcome back to the light and I agree.  I was just missing you guys, remember don't put the leaves in the street, keep em on the grass.

Re: Re: Re: Cue the Crickets

11/13/2017 1:24:28 PM
@SJCFIREBALL

I don't rake the leaves. Got some SJC kids who do it for me. They've always had so much free time.....

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cue the Crickets

11/13/2017 4:39:28 PM
@DeMathaPride

When I was a kid, we had the DeMatha guys do the same, but I'm old and that was when it was the called the Metro Confrence. We did our part to keep your fellas out of the pool halls, thanks for returning the favor.

default avatar

11/13/2017 2:57:43 PM
@SJCFIREBALL

I was thinking the Same thing when Dematha is on top this Forum is buzzing all season long.  I have not heard the usual "Cupcake Cadets" or the "Dumpster Fire" Or the "Best Team Money Can Buy".  All folks hold on to is will SJC finish?  I think that they have proved themselves!

default avatar

11/13/2017 8:23:21 PM
@SJCFIREBALL

Thanks for this post. It makes me realize how classy the Gonzaga and Good Counsel fans were when they took us down. 

You have not even won the champioship and you thought this thread was good idea? You couldn’t get more SJC than this...

default avatar

11/14/2017 11:35:13 AM
@silverbullet

So much to address from such a little post:

1. A good number of, not all, DeMatha poster have been poking the SJC “bear in the cage” for over a decade as you won multiple championships. I find it humorous that when you leave the cage unlocked you expect the bear to just sit there and do nothing? To all of the “pokers”  I say, sit down, shut up, and take the medicine you have been home brewing for years. To the rest that have shown class, you have a great program, with a great history, quality people, and a bright future.

2. I never mentioned winning the Championship, I pointed out how quiet the “smarter that SJC folks” got. It must be hard to swallow the fact that your team lost twice to, in your expert evaluation, a lesser opponent. That injured running back is something special and will make his yards on us over the next two years. Bad luck for a good team, get over it.

3. This thread is a great idea because it provides a forum for fools to act like fools and for me to call them out, win/win.

4. You are correct, this is so SJC…. treat others as they treat you and call bull**** when needed.

Oh yea, you forgot the “n” in championship. That is all…….

default avatar

11/14/2017 9:22:13 PM
@SJCFIREBALL

1. People “poke” SJC because they sold their soul. Your logic is “hey guys, I know we went Oak Hill basketball on everyone with double digit transfers, but don’t be meanies when it doesn’t work out, ok”? No way. You can‘t buy the local youth leagues and recruit other schools players and scream victim. 

2. This may be a foreign concept to you, but the point of playing the game is for the championship. Who cares if you brought it up or not? It’s clownish to brag after a semi final.

3. What? You win/win nothing.

4. “So SJC” = no clue how to contain themself until actually winning a championship. Thanks for the demonstration. 

Oh yea, Rule #1 of online forums - never attack spelling or grammar when you can’t use proper spelling or grammar yourself. This forum is tricky though. No editing feature. It must of stung big time reading your post after clicking submit....

11/13/2017 2:04:32 PM

Let's be honest -- both of your families work for us. 

default avatar

11/13/2017 4:24:33 PM
@lbaxter

At a company owned and funded by guys from the IAC.

11/13/2017 7:40:37 PM
@footballdoc

*by guys grandparents from the IAC you freeloading SOBs

default avatar

11/13/2017 9:16:22 PM
@lbaxter

Probably not.  But whatever.  Just be at your desk at 8:30 tomorrow.

default avatar

11/13/2017 4:45:28 PM
@lbaxter

Rather bold and assuming statement, thanks for propigating yours schools stereotype.

11/14/2017 8:55:52 AM
@SJCFIREBALL

Dissapointing season to say the least. Injuries, expectations for certain positions, strategy, etc. There is a laundry list of items that need to be reflected on. I am sure Coach Brooks looks at all of this for both a winning or losing season. IMO the players have the best facilities and resources to be dominant. Buying into the "DM way" is always the question though when you are working with 13-16 yr boys. As for the coaching, I think Coach Brooks needs to look at each one and find the value add. Hoping for a great offseason and a rebound for next year. Good luck to SJC and GZ.   

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
default avatar

11/14/2017 11:38:50 AM
@Observer

Thanks Observer, and I am confident Coach Brooks will figure it out.  Let's see how he handles and adjusts to the adversity going forward.

11/15/2017 4:19:56 AM
@Observer
I Agree

Congratulations to SJC on the playoff win vs DeMatha.  

It isn't possible to win with only one dimension in the WCAC right now, and DeMatha wasn't able to put it all together when they needed it.  This season was plagued by injuries and the tried and true combination of a deep rushing attack with a stout defense eluded the Stags.  Still, a few stops here or there, we could be talking about a five-peat right now.  Considering what DeMatha is up against, year after year, fourth place isn't as disappointing as it sounds in 2017.

DeMatha had a tremendous run.  That is something to continue to be proud of even though DeMatha wasn't able to get over the hump and knock off an upper-echelon team this year.  Coach Brooks knows that it is the gamble that you have to take if you want to develop championship teams.  In my opinion, this has less to do with the DeMatha way, than it does the new WCAC way.  Sure SJC is pushing the limits of what it means to be a WCAC program but Gonzaga, and Good Counsel beat DeMatha signaling a rise in the overall level of play. (See basketball.)

default avatar

11/18/2017 7:44:34 PM
You must login to report abuse. Close