default avatar

WCAC Championship Game This Weekend - SJC vs. Gonzaga - Who Wins?

11/14/2017 4:09:15 PM

The 2017 WCAC Championship game looks a lot different this year without GC or DM playing in it.  It will be the first time since 1996 that GC or DM will not play in this Championship game.  Wow that is some domination for a long time for both schools.  I realize that SJC is favored but wanted to get this post going with some predictions for this weekend's matchup.  My money is on GZ.  I think there is too much pressure for SJC to win.  With that pressure they will play tight and play not to lose.  Gonzaga is happy to be dancing and will play that way.  Just my two cents.  One other factor will be the coaching - if GZ can keep it close until the end - game over.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down

Re: WCAC Championship Game This Weekend - SJC vs. Gonzaga - Who Wins?

11/14/2017 9:13:33 PM
@pr33

I think this is finally the year for SJC.

SJC 34, Gonzaga 24

default avatar

Re: Re: WCAC Championship Game This Weekend - SJC vs. Gonzaga - Who Wins?

11/14/2017 9:28:40 PM
@theguru

Rooting for GZ but think it will be SJC by a lot.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: WCAC Championship Game This Weekend - SJC vs. Gonzaga - Who Wins?

11/15/2017 11:20:51 AM
@smdeagles

Got it.  If GZ can pressure the QB all four quarters they have a great chance!  

default avatar

11/15/2017 11:25:13 AM
@theguru

OK.  But of course I would like to see that score the other way.  Need to pressure the SJC QB.  He's very accurate when he has time.  Doesn't like the blitz or pressure.  Who does, right?

default avatar

11/15/2017 10:39:10 AM
@pr33

Epic matchup... I have to go with SJC.  Seems the players have jelled better, seniors have stepped up their leadership.  GZ has the capability to upset SJC, but after last year's implosion, I cannot fathom them screwing up another Championship.  Caz has a lot on the line.

default avatar

11/15/2017 11:21:53 AM
@DaBigBopper

GZ needs to consistently blitz the QB throughout the game.  That would give them a great chance for the upset.

default avatar

11/15/2017 11:21:20 AM
@pr33

SJC is the better team, but GZ pulls off upsets like this all the time. The ESPN game where they ruined DM’s national champ dreams is still fresh in my mind.

The GZ freshman QB is going to be something else. I really hope the GZ guys can fend off the IMG recruiters. I’ve heard they’ve got a bullseye on him. 

Doyle is the league’s MVP hands down. The 4* senior QB transfer into SJC thing sounded beyond sketchy to me for a large part of the season, but I’ve become a huge fan. He’s been a great addition to the league. Robinson is electric and the freshman RB has surprised me even with the measurables and hype. The D also has some characters on it. So congrats to SJC for all that.

SJC 32 GZ 28, but wouldn’t be surprised if that score was reversed. 

The tailgate may be more intense than anything on the field knowing these two army’s...

default avatar

11/15/2017 11:42:13 AM
@silverbullet

The tailgate will be as epic as the game being played.  All great points about SJC.  Obviously GZ will need to put pressure on the QB.  Agree he is very good but I'm sticking with the homegrown team in this battle. Probably the only team in the WCAC Championship in a while that has three elite lacrosse players (#10, #19 and #26) on the roster who will play lacrosse in college instead of football.  SJC is the clear favorite but as you said don't count out GZ.   

default avatar

11/15/2017 4:54:08 PM
@pr33

The tailgate will be epic! SJC will win big....we also will start two elite lacrosse players...WCAC champion lacrosse players. Oh, and we never count out Gonzaga..95 years and going strong! Go Cadets!

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: WCAC Championship Game This Weekend - SJC vs. Gonzaga - Who Wins?

11/16/2017 11:05:41 AM
@DMVlacrosse

That's funny our two elite senior lacrosse players are three time defending WCAC lacrosse champions and our junior is two time defending WCAC champion.  As you know, GZ has won seven straight WCAC lacrosse titles until SJC snuck one in on us last year.  I love it.  It will be a great game on Saturday.  SJC will not win big.  It will be a close game either way.   Playing on a college field will be a very different environment.  GZ did it earlier this year up in Philadelphia at the University of Pennsylvania.  Wish we were playing back at Paint Branch, Blair or even Catholic U.   Better venue for the fans and the players IMO. Go Eagles!

default avatar

11/15/2017 5:15:05 PM
@pr33

For Gonzaga to win they need to play 'perfect assignment' football. Much the way they did against DeMatha for 3 qtrs and 4 minutes. Cannot have mental mistakes. They have the athletes, they have the passion for the game, they have size and speed of their own. As their slogan goes NEF with an emphasis on the F - FINISH.

They have had a season nobody saw coming and SJC knows they cannot win by simply showing up. This should be a good one folks.

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: WCAC Championship Game This Weekend - SJC vs. Gonzaga - Who Wins?

11/16/2017 10:45:58 AM
@zagman74

Great point and totally agree with you.  This is a team you cannot make mental mistakes against.  Hopefully this will be a battle and one for the books.  Go Eagles!

You must login to report abuse. Close