default avatar

Championship celebration

11/21/2017 1:20:08 PM

Just wanted to make sure NewDC_Jon, kjj348, smdeagles, lbaxter, Falcon83 and all our other poster friends got their invite to the "Bonfire of the Champions". I hope you all enjoyed this season as much as I did.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: Championship celebration

11/21/2017 4:32:22 PM
@JoeT716

It's been almost a year since I have posted on here because i've gotten a life. But I will bite since you summoned me. First, congrats to the players on SJC who won the ship this year. It's a great feeling to win a WCAC championship. Trust me, I actually know, do you? I feel sorry for you on several levels and here they are:

1) Is this your first post? I've never noticed your name. You've obviously noticed mine. That is sad. But I'm glad my words resonate with you. Clearly there must be some truth, or you wouldn't feel so bothered as to bring them up nearly a year later. 

2.) You've obviously missed the point of my having called your "school" a dumpster fire. It has nothing to do with athletic prowess.  It has nothing to do with the general student population. It has to do with the clowncar that is your administration/athletic dept. and their overall approach to high school education/athletics from an administrative standpoint. You may not know what those words mean so i'll dumb it down for you: The folks who run your school are schills who will sell off over a century of tradition and history for a quick buck.

3.) Did you play in the game? If so, congrats. If not, I'm sorry you've had to suffer through nearly three decades of piss poor performance, 3 seasons of senior QB transfers, and 5 years of bringing in mercenaries before you could watch those young men do what you never could. At least DM and GC at the height of their success were developing the vast majority of their talent for four years. You guys bought it. Which still counts. And those kids deserve props for their efforts. But they don't deserve some baby like you calling out folks who haven't posted on this board for months thus giving them reasons to come back and point out the many flaws with SJC's current approach to HS sports. Those kids worked to hard for you to appropriate their success and make it your excuse to feel better about yourself.

4.) Finally, did I mention I haven't posted on this site in nearly a year? Have you really been harboring these feelings that long? Is that not disturbing to you? I find it a bit unnerving that I had such an impact on you. Especially since pretty much all of my statements regarding the burning trash heap on the corner of Military Rd. and Oregon Ave. were in reference to last season and your joke of a coach.

If I may offer some advice, from one who has experienced championships before... act like you've been there, act like you'll be there again, and don't give folks reasons to undermine the achievements of others because you want to gloat. One of the reasons most people don't like SJC is the consistent and utter lack of class shown by its supporters with even the smallest bit of success. You're baseball team, back when that was the only sport that was any good there, was always one of the worst. As your football team has bought its way to the top, their supporters of gloated, despite not actually accomplishing anything until this year. The lacrosse team and their fans are, I'm sure, well on their way too. I hope your life brightens up soon, and you don't feel the need to continue searching for meaning/reassurance/liekly love on the internet. The real world is a pretty neat place, and while I'm sure you contribute nothing to it, one day maybe you could.

Congrats to the kids who actually earned it. Don't grow up to be like this fool.

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
default avatar

Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/21/2017 6:40:26 PM
@kjj348

Let it all out...you will feel better soon. My two sentence post seems to have struck a nerve...or is it the manhandling your Eagles took twice this year?

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/22/2017 3:56:27 AM
@JoeT716

I predicted SJC to win.....congrats though

11/22/2017 7:11:51 AM
@JoeT716

You just made @kjj348's point.  First one since 1989. Stop IT. 

• 1989-St. John's
  • 1990-Bishop McNamara
  • 1991-DeMatha
  • 1992-DeMatha
  • 1993-DeMatha
  • 1994-DeMatha
  • 1995-DeMatha
  • 1996-Gonzaga
  • 1997-Gonzaga
  • 1998-DeMatha
  • 1999-Paul VI
  • 2000-DeMatha
  • 2001-DeMatha
  • 2002-Gonzaga
  • 2003-DeMatha
  • 2004-DeMatha
  • 2005-DeMatha
  • 2006-DeMatha
  • 2007-DeMatha
  • 2008-DeMatha
  • 2009-Good Counsel
  • 2010-Good Counsel
  • 2011-Good Counsel
  • 2012-Good Counsel
  • 2013-DeMatha
  • 2014-DeMatha
  • 2015-DeMatha
  • 2016-DeMatha
  • 2017-St. John’s
Champions
SchoolChampionships
DeMatha24
Archbishop Carroll13
St. John's10
Good Counsel4
Bishop McNamara3
Gonzaga3
Paul VI1

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/22/2017 8:00:07 AM
@Coach_E

And we can't celebrate the first one in 28 years?.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/22/2017 9:39:25 AM
@JoeT716

Yes enjoy the team you supports victory, but you don't have to throw shade to do that. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/22/2017 10:08:29 AM
@Coach_E

Just a little dig at the anti-SJC folks who have posted a lot worse things about SJC and now can't be happy...really sorry if that hurt your feelings Mr. Sensitive.

default avatar

11/25/2017 11:21:40 PM
@JoeT716

Clearly you cant. You obviously do not know how. Only further serves to prove KJJ's point that SJC is a dumpster fire. 

default avatar

11/26/2017 9:54:14 PM
@NewDC_Jon

You and kjj and all the other purple Kool-aid drinkers are having a tough time knowing that the Football Championship trophy is now residing on Military Road (sitting right next to the Lax trophy)...and that the whipping you took in the final makes it 12 wins for SJC in the last 17 games vs you guys.

default avatar

11/22/2017 10:21:16 AM
@Coach_E

Just for the sake of accuracy this was the 11th championship for SJC ...nowhere close to DeMatha (which I think was your point) but much more than the three that the "God is purple" school has won.

default avatar

11/22/2017 2:23:13 PM
@Coach_E

I guess they did dot play football before 1989, get over your self.

default avatar

11/22/2017 2:23:44 PM
@SJCFIREBALL

That's did not

default avatar

11/23/2017 1:53:30 PM
@SJCFIREBALL

Rule #2, do not correct a spelling mistake with a new post. You’re trying way too hard after I called you out last week for breaking Rule #1. 

default avatar

11/22/2017 12:30:15 PM
@JoeT716

Joe -

kjj348's #2 above is 'Spot On'.  Anybody can buy anything with enough money.  I am more than just a SJC fan, so without revealing who I am, trust me, SJC has decided to become IMG North and that's OK. 

Enjoy this Championship and those to come...Just realize that SJC bought it, they didn't grow it themselves

default avatar

11/22/2017 8:21:19 PM
@DaBigBopper

How did they “buy it“ when the kids who came in went back out? The talk before the season was that the transfer thing back fired on sjc. multiple kids transferred out of SJC and people thought they were done. Other than the QB this sjc team had no transfers.

default avatar

11/23/2017 1:57:01 PM
@TWash99

When people say they “bought“ a championship they aren’t referring to transfers. They are talking about the stuff going on with the youth leagues around here and how kids end up at SJC. It doesn’t bother me. I’m just clearing that up for you.

default avatar

11/24/2017 11:13:26 AM
@silverbullet

Yep just a transfer of power within the youth programs. GC was winning that case several years ago then it flipped to DM, right now SJC is in control of it. It will be interesting to see how many championships they will go to and win. 

Great job SJC and congrats!

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/24/2017 11:43:11 AM
@tomslick88

Not like GC at all. GC built their program from the bottom up. It was not a win at all costs mentality like SJC. Milloy built a program where people were attracted to the school. They did not put the guys with the keys to the DMV youth leagues on their payroll. I think that’s what pisses people off the most. That’s the ”bought a championship“ part. It’s hidden extremely well and completely legal, but it’s definitely a thing. 

SJC’s going to need to hit the transfer market hard this season if they want another championship. Next year is going to be extremely competitive with 4 teams that are probably Top 100 in the country. I dont think I’ve ever seen anything like it. 

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/24/2017 1:28:31 PM
@silverbullet

Please lets not forget that GC laid out the blueprint by coaching the Moco grassroots program for years and getting a ton of talent from the moco community while using that platform as a feeder program. Also they had the outside funding as support based on what was said on this site. DM and SJC followed suit by using very similair youth all-star platforms to keep their talent together.  Right now SJC is killing it (MD Heat) as we can see in their back to back visits to the WCAC title game. We all know that the only reason they are not back to back champions is due to some questional play calling. They should be talking 3 peat! 

SJC is sitting pretty good right now!

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/24/2017 3:06:17 PM
@tomslick88

GC‘s program was built before the money got there. That was just an added bonus.

No, we shouldn’t be talking 3 peat. They were beat by DeMatha twice last year. 

MD Heat is a very good team, but I don’t think all of that talent ends up at SJC. I know their best player last year ended up at SFA. They also went 1-1 against Bowie this year, I believe. 

default avatar

11/24/2017 11:50:08 AM
@tomslick88

I think you are right.  But I would suggest that when GC was able to grab the best kids out there, they were playing in leagues all over the place.  Now what has happened is that a whole lot of kids (not saying all) are playing on teams in the Grassroots League - spring & fall.  So it is a consolidation of youth league talent that makes for very effecient recruiting. Because of it's location and the buzz it still enjoyed as being a brand new campus with a HOF head coach, they could get the attention of kids from north of Baltimore and all of Montgomery County - and didnt need dorms to do it.  And they we also able to grab kids from Prince Georges with the ICC and a few shuttle buses.  Their main football "benefactor" was a Howard County millionaire with a pretty good player for a son who was also big youth league supporter.  He knew the other players in the state having played against them as the Columbia Ravens benefactor.  So they did it differently using the same kids with the same results. One school had 5 alums (pretty sure) from the same era on NFL rosters at the start of last season.  Not just the same school over 12 years.  At one time they were all in the building together (Countess, Diggs, Young, Jenkins, Fuller, plus Dancel who was in a camp). Think about that for a second, FWIW - Their primary competition was Gilman at the time. And that has now switched to St. Frances as their benefactor (Poggi) has changed uniforms.  They were recruiting kids along 495 (and everywhere) to live in townhouses in Guilford just as they are now doing at SFA.  Albeit, that is a tougher pitch with a location next to a jail.  Which is why you see the multi-player transfers between the SFA and WCAC schools for the top level guys.  Like the rest of the MIAA, the IAC will get a guy here and there in the process.  But I think those tend to be kids where the parents got a little more educated in things and how this was really working and decided to pump the breaks a bit.  Only so many starting spots and at some point you just say enough with the politics, it's high school football.  

default avatar

11/24/2017 11:54:18 AM
@Falcon83

To clarify, by "competition" I meant for players.  Not on the field. Though they did that too.  And Gilman was basically competing with DM and everybody else as well. 

default avatar

11/24/2017 2:35:09 PM
@Falcon83

And grassroots afforded them the luxury of actually coaching the ones they wanted to see. Right now SJC is killing it with that platform. Also hearing SJC doesnt lose a lot of seniors!

default avatar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Championship celebration

11/24/2017 7:37:37 PM
@tomslick88

SJC may lose the fewest senior starters in the league (7) but they are all d-1 players including their offensive leader (Doyle) and defensive leader (Goode).

default avatar

11/25/2017 11:25:46 PM
@tomslick88

Slick, you ought bite your tounge considering the "arm injury" preventing your fam from taking the field this season. You clearly have no clue whats going on in the WCAC. You clearly have no clue what led OLGC to success. And you clearly cannot even manage your own considering a suspicious "arm injury" that got your own out for the season. Long and short - stop pretenting like you are in the know. 

default avatar

11/27/2017 4:01:36 PM
@NewDC_Jon

I see you're back Mr. ____________ (Fill in the blank) I asked you over a month ago to tell us all why youngin was out for the season...?

When does lacrosse start again? 

default avatar

11/28/2017 2:15:14 PM
@TWash99

I guess you missed the IMG North reference.  Beyond what GC did with Danzel's money, which was only used to fund football scholarships and field improvements, SJC brought in IMG's AD, Physical trainer and nutritionist 3 years ago, brought in Caz from NY 2 years ago and brought in 3 of Milloy's coaches this year. 

I love SJC and do not mean any disrespect.  I was just making the point that Plank's money was greater than Danzel's (which only lasted 4 years for only football).

With the big money, they are now able to compete/recruit on the same national level as IMG with respect to all sports, hence (as Joe points out below) ...8 current WCAC championship teams.

default avatar

11/28/2017 5:59:13 PM
@DaBigBopper

You forgot they also hired a new special teams coach who did a great job and the head coach who last won a championship was brought back to help the varsity and coach the JV and the DB coach who is well regarded nationally...all smart moves that helped win the championship...which of these are they supposed to feel bad about? And how did this impact the other 7 sports that won (other than the trainer/nutritionist)? Apparently they made a great choice for AD and he has been the driving force behind all their success.

default avatar

11/30/2017 12:02:18 PM
@JoeT716

Why are you trying so hard Joe to make this negative? I love SJC, but I don't like the new business model and obviously you do... Just let it go

default avatar

11/25/2017 11:02:49 AM
@DaBigBopper

Did GC buy championships when the multimillionaire father paid for several tuitions of star players? Does Gonzaga try to buy a championship with alumni car dealership and bar owners funding several "scholarships" that pay for players tuitions? Did DeMatha buy any championships with tuitions paid by professional athletes or Bingo money or " band scholarships"? Is there anything more pitiful than crybaby hypocrites?

default avatar

11/25/2017 11:29:19 PM
@JoeT716

"Whataboutism": the last resort of the pitiful loser who has no viable retort. 

Sweet comment though. 

11/28/2017 10:48:14 AM
@JoeT716

Let's not compare what GC and DeMatha do to what SJC now does.  At least GC and DeMatha brought in kids who spent 4 years at their schools.  They did not know how their careers would work out ahead of time.  SJC is now bringing in seniors who are already rated as 4 and 5 star players and renting them for the season.  The kid who went to Auburn from SJC last year left SJC before thanksgiving.  "...before moving to St. John's College High School in Washington, D.C. for his senior season. This spring, he moved back home to Orlando and finished the rest of his coursework via online classes with Agape Christian Academy." Sounds like a strong connection to St. Johns.  Rumor is Doyle will get a diploma from Malvern after spending his year at SJC. I do not blame the kids for this, it's the adults who are making the decisions here.  Sad.  

default avatar

11/28/2017 11:33:30 AM
@dcsportsfan84

All the fake news and false rumors can't change this FACT...8 current WCAC championship teams - football, wrestling, baseball, boys lacrosse, girls basketball, field hockey, girls soccer and girls cross-country - are all in the school on Military Road...can you say "athletic dominance".

11/28/2017 12:57:45 PM
@JoeT716

You are correct and you made realize I have been spelling the school name wrong in my post. It should be $JC.  I apologize.

default avatar

11/22/2017 10:25:39 AM
@kjj348

Btw...what exactly is "liekly love"? Some kind of purple all-boys school thing?

default avatar

11/30/2017 11:44:52 AM
@kjj348

KJJ, welcome back! I am glad that you finally left that dark, dank basement of dismissal for SJC and have found a new life. I always enjoy the verbal sparring that accompanies any post concerning SJC and gonzaga. I hope, given your new life, that you will still find the time to discuss the pros/cons of the motion offense in lacrosse and why SJC will certainly lose while God will heap rewards on those that reside near Union Station.  Best for the Holidays! DMV

default avatar

11/22/2017 11:49:42 AM
@JoeT716

Joe,

Welcome to the conversation and the board.  I dont' recognize your handle so perhaps you have been lurking out there for the last couple of years.  I may have posted only a few times this year myself.  Regardless, I dont think I have had anything outright negative to say about SJC.  So I don't know why you included me in your "Bonfire" invite as someone who has.  I am not a fan of re-classing and local transfers after 9th grade.  I dont think it is fair to the existing kids in the building.  That applies to a lot of places.  Hope those kids value the opportunity they were given and remember to support the school that invested heavily and supported their objective.  And that should be true for any school and its alums.  

default avatar

11/25/2017 11:20:27 PM
@JoeT716

Darnit, just when I decided I was out, the comically misinformed drag me back in. KJJ was spot on. Joe, stay in your lane. SJC did a fantastic job of buying a championship. Had DeMatha and OLGC not been in down years, I wouldn't be able to say that. But I do hope you enjoyed watching a season in which another out of state senior QB carried a local team to victory. If that gives your life meaning, congrats to you. It only serves to prove your life is sad and empty of any actual meaning. So again, congrats. 

default avatar

11/26/2017 11:42:03 AM
@NewDC_Jon

I love it when pseudo-intellectuals use the term "spot on".

You must login to report abuse. Close