How can somebody become an NHL fan?

1/29/2018 3:16:00 PM
KennyG1527
1/29/2018 3:16:00 PM Report Abuse

I'm a huge sports fan, but could never really get into hockey. I tried years ago by watching some games, and even tried playing some fantasy hockey, but it just didn't work.

Is there something I should learn or try to do to get into hockey? Maybe if I understood the rules better, it would help. I'm just clueless. 

I will say that going to a live game has always been fun. I've been to 2 or 3 NHL games in my lifetime and enjoyed each one, but I just can't get into watching it on TV. Maybe the low scoring has to do with it, who knows?

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
free-safety
1/30/2018 2:35:20 AM Report Abuse

I like floor hockey. It was a blast in high school (only gym class, though).  Anyway, it certainly sparked my interest in the real thing.  Nonetheless, I quickly got uninterested in the ice stuff - mainly because you can't play it here. It's the south USA.

aecel
2/5/2018 2:01:30 AM Report Abuse

I'm not a huge fan of hockey though sometimes I watch some games. Maybe watching games a lot on TV or live shows could help you to understand more about hockey. You will get familiarized more with the rules so it would be easier for you once you decided to try playing it again. You may find also a bunch of tutorials on YouTube.

KennyG1527
2/5/2018 4:58:30 PM Report Abuse

I don't know why I didn't think of YouTube already, thanks for that suggestion. I use YouTube for all kinds of other things, I am sure there are plenty of videos on hockey basics, or even being a new fan. 

TSFN 30679
2/12/2018 9:08:16 PM Report Abuse

Yeah I find hockey to be very exciting and easy to watch once you start to understand. Hockey was one of the first sports I watched and attended games, I wasn't a fan until I was in college and a friend introduced me. It's very fast paced, obviously, so it takes some getting used to when watching it. The fights are always great too.

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close