Who's the best coach in NBA history?

2/3/2018 10:44:24 AM
aecel
2/3/2018 10:44:24 AM Report Abuse

For me, the best coach in NBA history is none other than Phil Jackson. He is the most respective coach in NBA and holding a record for the most combined championships in NBA history. He got 11 NBA titles as a coach, 6 for Chicago Bulls and 5 for Los Angeles Lakers. No doubt that he's really the best coach in NBA history.

For you, who's the best coach in NBA?

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
Coolprogramer36
2/13/2018 12:02:34 PM Report Abuse

For me, it's Red Auerbach. After he retired from coaching, he served as president and front office executive of the Celtics until his death. As a coach, he won 938 games (a record at his retirement)and nine NBA championships in ten years (a number surpassed only by Phil Jackson, who won 11 in twenty years). As general manager and team president of the Celtics, he won an additional seven NBA titles, for a grand total of 16 in a span of 29 years,making him one of the most successful team officials in the history of North American professional sports.

kaisantos2229
2/4/2018 4:18:50 AM Report Abuse

I could not argue with that, indeed Phil Jackson is one of the greatest. He has so many tittle under his belt, eleven NBA titles the most in the NBA history. He is the only coach who won multiple championship with multiple teams. Phil Jakcson also leads the NBA for the most games coached and the most post season wins. I only hope he can do it again.

aecel
2/5/2018 9:47:45 PM Report Abuse

Yes, I really hope that we can do it again but sad to say he's retired now. Hope there's another new coach that can beat his records.

TSFN 30671
2/4/2018 10:38:28 AM Report Abuse

For me Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coach in the history of National Basketball Association. He had prove it in his time of winning eleven championships ring. He had won six titles with the Chicago Bulls and five titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. But now Steve kerr is also doing a great job in bringing the Golden State Warriors into a good chemistry with his players. He has build confidence to his team that every has to contribute and show there own skills not just on offence but must of all on deffence.

KennyG1527
2/5/2018 11:20:19 PM Report Abuse

I was a Bulls fan when Jordan played and I agree that Phil Jackson is one of the best coaches to ever coach in the NBA, but look who he had to work with? He had Jordan and Pippen in Chicago, then he had Shaq and Kobe in L.A. He had 4 of the best players to ever play the game. Yes he still had to coach these players to play how he wanted them to play, but if you're talking about best coach in the history of the NBA, there are others that come to mind for me.

Some other names that I would consider are Gregg Popovich, Red Auerbach, Pat Riley, Chuck Daly, etc. If I had to pick one, I'm going with Popovich. The Spurs have been succesful year in and year out the entire time he's been there, and through so many different players. Yeah he had Tim Duncan for many years, but I'd still give the nod to him, ever so slightly.

Here's a good site I found that compares all the top coaches, it's pretty interesting to see some of the other names on the list:

https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/best-nba-coaches

TSFN 30683
2/6/2018 1:29:21 AM Report Abuse

Gregg Popovich in my humble opinion is the greatest coach ever. Since he is the head coach, the Spurs are always on the winning column. He won five championships with a team that isn't composed of superstars. He put trust in his players and he is very forward with them. The Spurs may not be number 1 seed right now but he is able to make the team in winning column with injured Kawhi and Rudy. The team right now mostly consist of role players lead by Aldridge and with that, he is able to work with it. What I also like about him is he listens to his players. Like last year during the off season, LaMarcus sat down with Popovich to discuss his role in Spurs. Fast forward to this season, LaMarcus is very productive and carries the team. And lastly, the reason why I think Pop is the best is because of the interviews. Every time he is being interviewed, he always cracks me up. I hate to be the one giving the interview.

Chelseangaw
2/13/2018 4:57:48 AM Report Abuse

A lot of people will say Phil Jackson but I'm so sorry and no offense please but I think he is overrated because he has the talents already when he handled them. Just to mention the names, for example, Michael Jordan, Scotty Pippen, Kobe Bryant and Shaq. They already have big names when he handled them but Gregg Popovich has the roster but not the talent yet before he handles them. The likes of the people he gets in D league (now known as G league) like Green, he was almost nothing but when Gregg handled him, he had the record of the most three-pointer in a playoff game or finals if I'm not mistaken. Again I'm sorry if you are a fan of Phil but I think Gregg is better than him.

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close