WCAC Capital Division/ McNamara

11/6/2018 8:06:18 PM
afros
11/6/2018 8:06:18 PM Report Abuse

Read the post article... McNamara hasn't defeated any of the top four since 2009 when they beat Gonzaga and SJC...the post article says 2015...that's false.

Anyway, what are the thoughts on what they should do...the gap is actually widening...they aren't even competitive...they barely scored points vs. the top four the last two seasons and most of the time it's a running clock.

Not sure it makes sense to stay...just my take. I could be wrong. 

It's not like the top four are old...they each have a ton of young contributors that are coming back....Basically the score is avergaging 40-7 or something like that and they often score in garbage time...may be time to take another look at the league.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
afros
11/6/2018 8:16:47 PM Report Abuse

i stand corrected  they also beat SJC in 2014 according to this site.

NewDC_Jon
11/6/2018 11:26:04 PM Report Abuse

Hard to forget that fluke win considering all of the BMac homers crowing on this site about how it was the dawn of a new era. 

That said, to your original post, I think the WCAC is doing a smart thing w the two divisions and hopefully demotions/promotions come season by season. SMR is obviously looking to build an program on a solid foundation and it appears PVI is looking to improve its program as well. Perhaps the carrot of getting promoted after a good season in the lower division would serve as carrot for a number of programs to try and improve the right way. 15 years ago no one thought OLGC could ever compete but they brought on Milloy and made themselves into a national power. No reason that another WCAC program, especially if given time to replenish their JV and Frosh teams in the lower division, couldnt do the same. 

macanthony1982
11/7/2018 1:06:02 PM Report Abuse

they will perform the moves between divisions evrey two years (similar to DCIAA Stars/Stripes), I believe a team in the metro divison has to win the title game two years in a row or who has the better overall record in those two years, IF there is not a 2peat champion

DCPublic
11/7/2018 7:36:46 AM Report Abuse

St. Mary's Ryken will probably win the lower division and be the next team to move up. McNamara should move down. I don't think PVI should move up even if they win the league. The school is too small and they should wait until the new school opens. 

macanthony1982
11/7/2018 1:07:24 PM Report Abuse

the promotion/demotion is reviewed evrey 2 years, similar to DICAA Stars/Stripes

macanthony1982
11/7/2018 1:08:26 PM Report Abuse

DCIAA**

amitchell_319
11/7/2018 2:50:35 PM Report Abuse

I was thinking Ryken was close to being ready until they got blown out by PaulVI recently.  At this point BMAC is over matched in the Capital division but every other program currently in the metro division is too.  Maybe next season will show a dominant SMR program that will change my mind but they need to be dogging the competition in the Metro confernece to be ready to move up in my opinion.  There just dosent seem to be a dominant program at this point.  All of the VA programs left the WCAC due to them not being competitive with the acception of Carroll which is rebuilding its program.  Bmac and Carroll actually deserves kudos for taking on such a daunting task of attempting to rebuild their programs in arguably one of the most talented high school conferences in the nation. Even SMR withdrew for a season to regroup and recruit away from WCAC rules and Regulations.

macanthony1982
11/7/2018 3:18:45 PM Report Abuse

Paul IV beat Ryken 27-24!!    not a quite a blowout... lol

amitchell_319
11/7/2018 3:30:40 PM Report Abuse

Ok so"Blowout" was a stretch but i was not expecting a loss from SMR to PVI.... as i was saying up to the point was thinking of SMR as being the "dominant" team in the Metro

macanthony1982
11/7/2018 3:20:06 PM Report Abuse

huh??    all teams rejoined WCAC this year

smdeagles
11/9/2018 10:47:17 AM Report Abuse

The real issue is there are only schools with any chance of competing for the top. Truly SJC is now enjoying their first true run that will last for the foreseeable future.  I don't believe BBC or any other school should strive to be at that level.  Candidly only the big four have the admission flexibility,  resources and money to operate at that level.  In fact,  Gonzaga is only able to compete because they are recruiting a slightly different demographic than the other three schools.  Doesn't matter who moves up or down to me. That said BMC should move down.  That would create exciting competition every year.  Sad thing is it would always be looked at as second level football to the big 4.

foodforthought
11/9/2018 12:11:23 PM Report Abuse

I've had this discussion with a parent of a BMAC alum and while they realize they can't compete with the big 4, he refused to even consider that they should move down. Even after I pointed out that Ryken has beaten them handily, he and parents that he's still in contact with look at the other division as inferior. 

sparran
11/9/2018 7:38:07 PM Report Abuse

BMAC lost a close game at SJC in 2013 and beat SJC in 2014 and 2015 but the real reasons they can’t beat the top 4 teams is because BMAC is a much harder school to to get into. Not a lot of exceptions made fore athletics. I also think they were the last school to put up 49 on the Stags.

JoeT716
11/9/2018 10:20:21 PM Report Abuse

McNamara is harder to get into than Gonzaga? SJC? DeMatha? GC?...you're joking right? 

NewDC_Jon
11/10/2018 2:38:37 AM Report Abuse

Bishop McNamara has easier admissions requirements than the vast majority of the WCAC. All of the MD WCAC programs are harder to get into. The same is true of all but maybe (a massive "maybe" in fact) of all the VA WCAC schools. And everyone knows that SJC and Gonzaga are far harder to get into. There is really only one WCAC school that is demonstrably easier to get into as an incoming freshman. 

As everyone knows, the real reasons that McNamara cannot compete in the WCAC in pretty much every sport are (among others) subpar facilities, less-than-desirable location, poor academic reputation, and a complete absence of a history of athletic success absent girl's basketball. 

And someone who claims there are "reasons" behind why McNamara cannot compete yet lists only one/doesn't know the difference between "for" and "fore" is not in a position to judge the academic bonafides of a school. 

NewDC_Jon
11/10/2018 2:45:38 AM Report Abuse

The same is true of all but maybe *one of the all VA WCAC schools. 

Accidentally left out a word there, apologies. 

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close