Bye Bye SJC

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
WesMantooth
11/10/2018 3:54:48 PM Report Abuse

Caz gotta go 

Reply To 1vote up 0vote down
got2bmorecareful
11/11/2018 9:05:01 AM Report Abuse

Trap game a week ago.  SJC coaching staff should have seen writing on wall.  SJC put too much out there during 1st meeting and allowed Zag to coaches to plan. 

Jerry “Griffin” Jones needs to go BUT is a puppet for Plank.   CA$$ needs to cash out and head back to Syracuse hills.  They will blame this on D-coordinator and make a change.  

NO‼️ Discipline on SJC squad; this was bound to happen. 

salparadise
11/10/2018 4:03:06 PM Report Abuse

Transfers gotta be butthurt about taking that L

Reply To 2vote up 0vote down
dicooper
11/10/2018 4:35:12 PM Report Abuse

This is the biggest upset since Gonzaga did it to the Stags a few years back.  Transfers are mad.  SJC is definitely mad.  The Cadets sold the soul of the school for a shot a national fame and a football dynasty they shall have neither.  Gonzaga just finds a way to dash young kids' hopes and dreams.  

Whenever you are really playing for something that matters the Purple Eagles come in and destroy everything.  Man, they are really good at it. 

SJC did not make the championship game in 2018.  Let that sink in.  Should the SJC Coach just move on at this point, or what?

DeMathaPride
11/10/2018 4:45:04 PM Report Abuse

Regardless of whether or not that was a fumble at the end, SJC got beat. Gonzaga outplayed them. 

dcsportsfan84
11/10/2018 4:59:57 PM Report Abuse

Unfortunately I think this will just mean more transfers and more $$$$ pouring into IMG, I mean SJC. 

HailPurp
11/10/2018 7:17:10 PM Report Abuse

Hail

FootballFanatic11
11/10/2018 7:53:03 PM Report Abuse

At the end of the day the bottom line is Gonzaga flat out ,,, out coached SJC.   All the money and endless transfers can't replace sound coaching.   SJC's arrogance got them beat today so stop crying about the fumble at the end.  Cause the fumble that SJC   benefited from early in the gane should have been called dead as well.   

Pinebarrens
11/11/2018 2:07:06 PM Report Abuse

I don’t have a dog in this fight. But, if that’s the video of the play that changed the game, that’s a travesty. It wasn’t even close to being a fumble. Shame that team’s championship and national ranking collapsed on that call. 

lbaxter
11/11/2018 2:11:29 PM Report Abuse

Ironically, SJC scored on on a very similar play earlier in the half. Both plays should have been called dead. Neither were. Evens out in the end. 

salparadise
11/11/2018 2:22:51 PM Report Abuse

The angle on the live broadcast looked like a bad call. The YouTube video posted here makes it look like a good call. He fumbled. It was a good call.

cjcapo
11/11/2018 6:54:11 PM Report Abuse

I dont have a dog in this fight, lol. The refs have to make split second calls without any replay. Based on that video and the ruling on the field, I dont see how you can possibly see that it was not a fumble. At the point the ball comes into view the runner is in fact on the ground but the ball is out of his outstretched arm, so there is no way you can say it wasn't a fumble. It's ok for a bad call to punish the team that lost close ones to GC and DeMatha, but not ok to punish the team that tried to buy its team. Thats's funny. DISCLAIMER: I too don't have a dog in this fight...lol

Pinebarrens
11/11/2018 11:10:28 PM Report Abuse

Actually, I don’t. The fact is, I’ve never even been to a WCAC game. I’m purely basing it on what I saw on the video, and it’s just one guy’s opinion. 

NewDC_Jon
11/13/2018 11:46:47 PM Report Abuse

Shame you don't know the particulars of the game before commenting. The team's championship didn't collapse on that call. SJC was down by a FG. Even if it wasn't a fumble (and it was, the YouTube angle clearly illustrates that) they were, thanks to that play, seconds away from turning the ball over on downs while losing. 

FootballFanatic11
11/11/2018 2:16:00 PM Report Abuse

Good point.  

TSFN 30816
11/13/2018 11:50:42 AM Report Abuse

First and foremost great football game. Was there questionable calls, of course. That being said you should never leave any game in the ref's hands. I really would like to talk about this whole notion of transfers. 1st as a parent I have no right to tell any other parent where they can send their children to school. If you have a chance to help your child succeed you do it. Who am I to ell anyone different. If anyone has any issues with that please pay their bills if you want to have a say in the matter. Next everyone recruits at this level. From Cali to Florida most private schools recruit kids from youth football programs. This notion one time or another is has a moral authority is laughable. EVERYONE takes transfers, (except Gonzaga, thier rulare based on class size so one person would have to leave leave in order for one to come, very rare). Most students transfer prior to the players SR. year (not always the case) but again it is the parents right to do so. To say SJC is a team of transfers is as flat out lie, (full disclosure I am a parent of a football player on the roster). Are there a few transfers yes, but this year no senior transfers. So they will all (hopefully). For the past few years I have seen comments on this sight full of distain for SJC. I understand friendly trash talk but wow. If you were to go through the roster you will find less than six players who are transfers, in fact they lost more over the past two seasons then they've brought in. As a former youth coach director, I have several players on Gonzaga, DaMatha, and SJC, along with private schools in the MIAA. I cheer for all the players to do well and have a chance to get a free education and play in college. The end goal is to come out of college debt free if possible. and who am I to judge one way or another. I am not originally from the DMV, I love the high level of organization and comp the youth programs have. This feeds both public and private, where I am from high school football is GOD AWFUL so I love the high level of play. To me buttom line the DMV is producing a lot of kids playing at a high level. What is important is these kids from all programs have a chance to blow up from playing in this area. Am I made that SJC lost, hell ya. But the reality to play one of the toughest schedules in the country and do well. He, along with many other players are making the DMV (for it's size) a recruiting hotbed. That works for me. SJC will be back next year and we will try again, to the dismay of many. 

got2bmorecareful
11/13/2018 3:30:51 PM Report Abuse
Agree @TSFN 30816

Folks are upset NOT over the transfers, if so get over it, it’s NOT your kid. Two issues with SJChere:

1.  Too many current, former, and better coaches in the DMV for SJC NOT to hire a coach from this area to be HC. PERIOD

2.  Too many teams in DMV & Baltimore for SJC to NOT play the best teams in the area i.e. St. Frances, Wise, North Point, etc.

dont want to here it’s to late or early in the season to schedule those schools.  MAKE IT HAPPEN WE ARE ADULTS !!!

SJC is a joke in respect to giving a DMV coach an opportunity.  BUT, SJC wants their players.  My advice is to stop sending your players to SJC until they hire better DMV youth coaches or they will slowly be a beatable team. 

NewDC_Jon
11/13/2018 11:59:41 PM Report Abuse

No, people are upset that SJC recruits nationally. I think few care if SJC plays Wise. I know no one cares if SJC plays North Point as they are basically a lesser version of Damascus (minus the horrific acts of sexual violence that Damascus seems to embrace as hazing rituals). Would playing SFA be great? Sure. But SJC plays more or less comparable competition.

Patterson was a local coach and he was booed out of town. Granted he wasn't a youth DMV coach, but still a local guy. Thinking that hiring a youth DMV coach is a complete joke and shows your comical ignorance.  The DC youth coaching scene is an absolute laughingstock and I say that knowing full well Ward 5 produced a pop warner championship a few years back. What OLGC did/has done is the right route but even those guys have HS experience. SJC's coaches might be part of the problem, but hiring a DMV youth coach w no HS experience would be a comical mistake. Youth v HS is apples and oranges. Anyone whose parents weren't cousins would know that. 

Long and short, as per usual you clearly have no idea what you are talking about in regards to this topic. 

got2bmorecareful
11/14/2018 7:31:30 AM Report Abuse
Disagree @NewDC_Jon

Obviously you haven’t coached much.  Dont think for a minute HS  Coaches are more superior than Youth Coaches in the D M V.  

Once again,as predicted, a wannabe sports crictic who has minimal intelligence regarding how youth and high school sports collaborate in the DMV.   This is not Texas, not Cali, not FL.  

D  M  V is a unique monster, in politics, networks, and yes Mr. Wannabe - in sports.  That’s currently the problem we (local) are dealing with now.  Outsiders come into your town and run your family owned business but they can’t find the post office.

C’mon man think - use that thing between your ears. (It’s called a brain).  

Once a kid knows you CARE, I mean truly CARE.  That kid, player, student, whomever will run through a brick wall for that coach. PERIOD.  Values of kids haven’t changed but the teachers (Coaches) have.  😘 Love dropping knowledge on the less intelligence.  Oh yea, Ward 5 does not make up the entire DMV (bad example) Also, check the HS roster of HS teams and see how many HS coached youth ball before moving up.  

Ask Santa for a brain this Xmas. 

NewDC_Jon
11/15/2018 12:42:22 AM Report Abuse

Nah, I've coached plenty and at all levels - from youth to D1. You're 100% wrong, especially when it comes to DC coaches (although NoVa and MoCo youth coaches are decent). DC youth coaching, across the board in football and basketball, would be a joke if kids werent getting screwed. I used to shake my head walking past Rosedale rec during what those "coaches" called a "practice." It was, and remains, a joke. I can repeat this example over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. 

You're likely just one of those shite DC youth coaches who thinks he's "doing right by the kids" while not teaching him proper technique and keeping him from doing his homework when that kid, if he got out of your smarmy grasp could glom on to a solid DC-area youth sports non profit (run by one of those "outsiders" you seem to hate so much - because they are your better in every way shape and form) and actually get a leg up. I saw it time and time again in DC. Kid got out of a joke rec program run by "Local" (your term, not mine) folks, and got into the likes of DC Scores, WINNERS, DC ICE, First Tee... and actually got a leg up. 

You seriously ought to stay in your lane. Your gene puddle did you wrong - be mad at your folks for having you. And give up coaching. You are doing a disservice to the kids. 

President Trump
11/14/2018 1:23:34 PM Report Abuse

Fake news. you're press pass to this website is now revoked. HS coaches are absolutely superior to youth coaches. that is why they don't coach at the youth level. do you realize how much more time and effort goes in to running a HS program? much more than running a country. you can't really be this stupid. making a youth coach a head varsity coach would be like making me president. Oh wait. I am! nevermind, great idea!

as for SJC, I am very disapointed in them. They are the beto o'rourkes of HS football. All that money and still can't beat lyin ted! this is what they deserve for letting caravans of transfers cross the DMV border and welcoming them with open arms. i promise i will build a wall around their school and make SJC great again.

Reply To 2vote up 0vote down
got2bmorecareful
11/14/2018 2:40:28 PM Report Abuse

I have a Golden Pass and you’re a golden goose egg.  Seriously, the best HS coaches started out coaching youth ball.  Oops except for you and Fake Big Joe and Jerry “Griffin” Jones.   Youth coaches know the kids better than most HS coaches and get more out of them. 

President Trump
11/14/2018 3:17:58 PM Report Abuse

Fake news. You made that up. You can't name a single great head coach for a local HS team that started in youth. But, good news. I am going to make you great again. You're press pass has been restored because deciphering your posts is hilarious. Your  posts remind me of those by my friend Validimir and his bots. 

got2bmorecareful
11/14/2018 4:08:47 PM Report Abuse

Larry Johnson coached:

Montgomery County Seahwks

High School in  MOCO

Penn State University 

Ohio State University 

Anything else Donald T. 

President Trump
11/14/2018 4:17:19 PM Report Abuse

So he was the head varsity coach at some "high school in Moco"? Which one? Alotta power houses in MOCO which great head coaches.... He couldn't have been that good, let alone great... I'll wait for your next example. Hopefully this time it is a decent one. And that is Mr. President to you. 

President Trump
11/14/2018 4:18:16 PM Report Abuse

oh my god you had to reach back nearly thirty years for that one!

NewDC_Jon
11/15/2018 12:54:33 AM Report Abuse

Not only did that cautionary tale for inbreeding have to reach back over (not nearly) 30 years for that one, BeMore also lied. Larry Johnson got his start in coaching less than a year after graduating from college at....the high school level (Lackey HS to be exact). 

Hey, BeMore, there is this great thing called Google. You might want to do a quick search of it before making your comically stupid claims. 

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/coach/larry-johnson/

got2bmorecareful
11/15/2018 6:30:12 AM Report Abuse

Awwww.  Sorry to ruffle your feathers  Mr. Wannabe Coach who still thinks youth coaches in DMV can’t coach HS.  Are you Serious.  Still waiting on that data (you may google it Wannabe) of yours that’s states Youth Cocahes are Inferior to HS coaches.  

And just for the record Again, Ward 5 does NOT make up the entire DMV and neither does Rosedale which is part of DC.  😂Really, you use only coaches from one segment of the DMV to justify your answer.     So my point exactly w/LJ who you claimed coached HS with less than a year out of college Hmmmm guess where  he coached.  This means you don’t need experience.  Get your stories straight... oh I forgot you never coached, so you wouldn’t know what I’m talking about.  

NewDC_Jon
11/16/2018 11:27:35 PM Report Abuse

BMore, you ignorant cuck, you've been proven wrong every time. Your reading comprehension barely rivals an intelligent monkey. I used my Pop Warner reference as an example. I noted right after my Rosedale example that I could come up with countless other examples. That you don't get that speaks volumes. Seriously, how many married cousins are on your family tree?

Now,  you lied and claimed that Larry Johnson got his start in MoCo. He didn't. You lied and implied that Larry Johnson got his start at the youth level. He didn't. I made no claims that experience matters. I correctly suggested that the level matters. Larry Johnson started off at the HS level because he belonged up there. Youth coaches coach at the youth level for one of a few reasons, mainly: their kids play at that level and they want to coach them, for fun, or because they are pitiful shells of human beings who are vicariously trying to live out their failed dreams through 5-13 year olds because they cannot hack it at the HS level or higher (you fit into that last category). 

Now do the world two favors: stop posting  and don't procreate. You are too stupid for this world. 

got2bmorecareful
11/19/2018 2:29:36 PM Report Abuse

Hey Wannbe Coach. Do us a favor and stop lying about you Coaching at any level, you’re a joke.  But I get it, you’re not even a Tuesday morning QB.  Now you are back tracking on Rosedale and Ward 5, whom is not the best youth clubs in Ward 5, you’re too pathetic to lie; it’s your upbringing.  DMV coaches please address this nut; that DMV coaches can coach HS ball.  We got a Wannabe who wants to be in the brotherhood.  Help him out. 

NewDC_Jon
11/19/2018 11:25:08 PM Report Abuse

Serious question: were your parents related? Not trying to be rude, but your response worries me. I think you might have some serious developmental deficiencies. Dont get me wrong, you dont know shit about footbal, but I am more worried about you overall. 

FakeJoePatterson
11/14/2018 9:36:41 PM Report Abuse

God is Purple!

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close