Attention SportsFans!

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent closing of schools and the spring sports season, we will be temporarily shutting down the site to make small changes and improvements for the fall.

As always, thank you for your patronage over the past 15 years and we look forward to seeing you online when this is over. Any questions can be directed to editor@dcsporsfan.com.

Sincerely,
TheSportsFanNetwork.com

SJC -Patterson 🏈 Plank🏈 Pressure

12/16/2015 8:34:25 PM
got2bmorecareful
12/16/2015 8:34:25 PM

Was the HC coaching change at SJC overdue, past due, mildew, or just due process? 

betterthangreat
12/16/2015 9:02:06 PM

PASTDUE - Too Talented for Too Long not To Win

Crazy
12/16/2015 8:50:27 PM

Patterson should've been fired! it's way overdue. Kevin Plank is running that program with all the money he's now giving.

gostag
12/16/2015 9:24:48 PM

All of the above. Must be a slow news week with this comedy show for the departure of little joe and arrival of Big Joe. DeMatha's 2015 Championship banquet should have been covered live instead. Go Stags!

TWash99
12/16/2015 10:30:23 PM

Can you get off of demathas nuts🍒?

gostag
12/16/2015 10:38:55 PM

Are those St. John's nuts? They are small and red.

therealmvp123
12/16/2015 10:44:00 PM

You have no life literally this is all you do in your spare time . You wouldn't know anything about nuts because you don't have none yourself 

@gostags

NewDC_Jon
12/17/2015 1:21:07 PM

By stating that gostag "dont have none" in reference to nuts you are actually stating that he does, in fact, have nuts. What you did is commonly referred to in medical circles as the "Family Ties" Syndrome (e.g. "there aint not nothing we can't help each other through" actually implies that there were things that the Keatons could, in fact, NOT help one another through). Poor Keaton family...

TWash99
12/16/2015 11:03:04 PM

That comment was a little....off. And stop with the nut riding. Dematha is totally irrelevant on this thread and here you come mentioning them. Like are you the mascot or something? You rep the team harder than the kids who play for them!! im not a dematha hater, or a st.johis fan, but the nut riding has to end. Youre in every thread doing this. THE NUT RIDING MUST END! You're like a crab. Annoying and on nuts. You're going to get flagged for excessive nut riding if you keep this up.

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 11:42:22 AM

Well put👍🏾 DM folks this thread is about SJC staff not #2 DM.  

NewDC_Jon
12/17/2015 2:31:01 PM

Somebody's jealous...

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 9:31:22 PM

You mean zealous

NewDC_Jon
12/18/2015 2:31:18 PM

For your sake I sure hope not. Anyone who is "zealous" about a high school sports program (provided they are not currently enrolled in said high school) is beyond pitiful. 

OneDeMatha1992
1/6/2016 11:14:53 AM

Haters gonna HATE!

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 11:34:27 AM

Was DM #1 in the DMV oops I mean #1 in the nation oops I mean College Park 

kjj348
12/17/2015 12:53:53 PM

what number was SJC? were they even in the top 20? only number i remember is 4, as in their losses. but keep talking crap about a team you lost to by a combined 82-21 this season. oh, and lets not bring up the trashy way your parents acted at the game. again, i can't stand DM, but SJC literally has no right to talk trash about anyone or anything with how consistently dissapointing every aspect of your school is despite the funding and talent the school manages to bring in. have fun wallowing in mediocrity (although, with your resources, your school can't even be considered mediocre).

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 1:12:40 PM

gostag - it appears that you may have a daughter who dates a kid on stags team and most likely rides da bench similar to how you ride da stags.  Well saddle up Cowboy because Brooks is no longer playing with "House" money aka McGregors recruits.  So when your son-n-law comes over during the holidayS, be sure to let him know that DM was the WCAC school that allows MEDIOCRE students (2.0 or below) play at DM.  Getty up🐴

billbobaggins
12/17/2015 11:34:18 PM

Lol at the horse 

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 1:14:38 PM

With McGregors players 

silverbullet
12/17/2015 2:32:00 PM

Your post makes zero sense. McGregor has been gone for 6 years. You should be able to do the math after that...

NewDC_Jon
12/17/2015 3:05:31 PM

Stupid and an axe to grind is a dangerous combo - unfortunately betterthangreat has both in spades. 

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 9:30:32 PM

silverbullet - when you get your facts straight or really want to know your HS football knowledge which is ZERO at this point, please just read the post and dont write anything.

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 9:26:23 PM

Hello Hello Mcfly, Mcgregor couldn't get most of his top recruits in G so he personally sent them to DM where the 2.0 or below accepts those athletes. It took him 2years to get the recruits he wanted in G.  Wow, now add that up.

NewDC_Jon
12/18/2015 2:32:47 PM

Kind of pointless to add it up as it is a lie. 

got2bmorecareful
12/18/2015 6:58:49 PM

True be told.......sorry to bust your bubble

NewDC_Jon
12/20/2015 11:36:43 AM

Wow, you butchered not one but two commonly used phrases:

1. It is "truth be told."

2. It is "Sorry to burst your bubble."

That said, no it isn't (you lied); and no you didn't. Get a life you pitiful troll. The amount of time you spend on a website making up stories in an attempt to make DeMatha look bad is so sad. Did your kiddo not get into DeMatha, is that why you are so mad? Or did he ride the bench there because he wasn't good enough to get on the field? If that was the case it is likely due to the troll-like genetics he inherited from you. 

got2bmorecareful
12/21/2015 11:00:17 AM

TRUE be told - a lot of WCAC kids who were heavily recruited by DM - GPAs would've messed up the curve for your son and other DM athletes with their 2.0 below GPA if they accepted DM offere, but their SMART kids.

Sorry to Bust your bubble - just like the Nationally #1 football team oops....I mean #1 team in ...oops ....they're not even #1 in DMV.  Just  wasted several key strokes on a dad who wants to live his football life through his son.  Let your son enjoy HS and sit the bench before he grows up like you. 

kjj348
12/21/2015 6:51:17 PM

luckily for all of us, dcjon has no spawn yet. however, it seems you may have more than one username. you know that isn't healthy right?

NewDC_Jon
12/21/2015 7:16:35 PM

No spawn yet ... that I know of KJJ. 

pjames129
12/16/2015 11:02:53 PM
This post has been removed.
FrankCurry
12/17/2015 7:00:18 AM
Neutral @pjames129

Take it easy man, lets avoid the gay slurs and keep this place friendly.

silverbullet
12/17/2015 7:44:06 AM

Nice slur. Never heard that one before.

kjj348
12/17/2015 8:55:50 AM

you know, I could rip on your obvious homophobic remark, but let's go another route. maybe DM lost their whole team (they didn't), but you know what doesn't matter? wether SJC lost their whole team. You know why? because they choke. every year. coaches come and go and SJC keeps choking. Plank gives money... to SJC because that was the only place he could go after he couldn't handle prep.. and they still choke. new football field... choke. new star players... choke. new uniforms.. choke. talented... sure. choke artists? absolutely. 

NewDC_Jon
12/17/2015 1:22:04 PM

Hate it when I missed a removed post. 

dicooper
12/17/2015 3:59:38 AM

Very old news.  Everybody on this site seemed to call it years ago.  Two head coaches doesn't make any sense.

How are you going to have a job if you are showing the new guy all the ropes, and you essentially have the same title?  Patterson had to know what was up last year.

Is anybody going to discuss why SJC never considers the wealth of former players and coaches that never get considered for positions at SJC?  Oh, no?  I didn't think so.  Anyway, I predict that this will be pretty much more of the same from SJC and the administration might start to rethink their relationship with their biggest booster.  This is going to be a long process that might take another twenty or so years.

I've got three words for SJC and Kevin: Michael Williams Brown.

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 11:45:54 AM

3 words for you:  It won't Happen

FrankCurry
12/17/2015 7:05:43 AM

If he is a good coach who is going to run the right type of program, then awesome.  Everyone should be celebrating that fact, even other schools.  Especially a school in Hyattsville that should love a more competitive league.

silverbullet
12/17/2015 7:44:36 AM

Completely agree

betterthangreat
12/17/2015 11:48:37 AM

Bravo well put.  Plenty of Wins and sevral

WCAC Championships cures Alzhemiers

kjj348
12/18/2015 4:20:03 PM

which is apparently why sjc has a problem recalling people, places, and things as they have not ever won a wcac championship. i don't think a coach is going to cure SJC's ills.

NewDC_Jon
12/18/2015 4:34:31 PM

KJJ, to be fair they did win a WCAC football championship...in 1989. To put that in perspective, since SJC last won a WCAC football championship, DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gonzaga, Bishop McNamara, and PVI (YES PVI) have all won WCAC football championships. To help further put that in perspective, the last time SJC won a WCAC championship the Cold War was still a thing, Nintendo was considered a technological leap, Michael Jackson was not yet creepy, and Marion Barry had not yet been unfairly set up. 

But at least their girl's basketball team gets Ws. 

kjj348
12/22/2015 4:33:27 PM

there was no wcac in 1989. so to be fair, they have never won a wcac championship. they are literally no better than the VA teams that keep fleeing the league as far as history is concerned. actually, they are worse than pvi.

NewDC_Jon
12/22/2015 5:03:18 PM

It is a good thing tomorrow is Festivus because I have a lot of greviances to air with you. 

got2bmorecareful
12/18/2015 7:00:53 PM

Then do us both a favor and stop thinking.🤔

kjj348
12/22/2015 4:31:01 PM

despite what your posts imply, it is literally impossible to do that.

NewDC_Jon
12/22/2015 5:12:08 PM

Technically if you died all brain activity would come to a halt which would result in losing one's ability to think, no? So I think he is telling you to kill yourself. I personally would not encourage you to do that - the world needs your flow. 

gostag
12/17/2015 9:50:28 PM

This guy was 76-54 in 12 seasons and you question our high school coaching staff? However, no wins versus DeMatha, no Championships, and 9 wins during that time against Gonzaga, including this year vs the "#1" Eagles? I had no idea on this DC mediocrity. 🍒 LOL 🍒 Go Stags! Good luck Big Joe - we want some competition. Welcome to the WCAC!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/highschools/st-johns-fires-football-coach-joe-patterson-promotes-joe-casamento/2015/12/17/d66cad5a-a4fb-11e5-9c4e-be37f66848bb_story.html?postshare=3771450401006033&tid=ss_mail

afros
12/18/2015 1:52:47 PM

are you talking about Patterson?? not sure they beat Gonzaga 9 times in 12 seasons...maybe, didnt seem that way though

gostag
12/19/2015 8:12:16 AM

That is what the St. John's press release said.  I believe it is correct.

NewDC_Jon
12/20/2015 11:42:46 AM

It is if you count playoffs - they played multiple times in a couple of seasons. Overall I think Gonzaga was something like 5-9 vs. SJC in the past 12 years. Keep in mind though, there were some lean times pre-Brady.  

go_johnnies
12/18/2015 6:29:53 PM

Having played for coach patterson, it is my strong opinion that he should not have been fired. Ya'll are sicing SJC's bad season this year. They went 7-4 only losing to Stuebenville the no 8 team in ohio 111 nationally and they made it as far as the ohio state championship game i believe, dematha-the number 3 team in the country, and macnamara when they were missing theyre 5* defensive end and difference maker, and d#mn near beat them without him if they hadnt collapsed in the 4th quarter. And on top of that they beat the number one team in the area and top 10 nationally in gonzaga, and beat a very good and always well coached good counsel team. I do not see how this warrants coach patterson getting fired, when annually sjc willingly plays a competitve national ooc schedule and then has to compete in the wcac-the hardest conference in america. And they do pretty well every year as mentioned he has had something like 8 winning season and 10 playoff births. IMO if you are going to fire him why not promote their DC whose proven himself in the wcac, season by season putting out one of the best, if not THE best defense, in the conference. Why hire a coach that isnt proven in the wcac and had the 5th best offense in the conference out of only 8 teams. After all high school football isnt only about winning championships which it seems like sjc has focused on now. Coach P was a great coach and i hate to see you guys on this board criticize him the way you do. 

Crazy
12/19/2015 8:59:18 AM

Coach P should've been fired... i agree with you SJC isn't a bad team they have some great players other than Terrell. They didn't lose against Mac because he wasn't there because the kid that plays opposite to him #3 is an animal and made up for Terrell's absence, they lost that game because the coaching staff didn't a to Mac scoring on there secondary. Coach P has never won a game against Dematha. Last year they came very close and still couldn't pull it off. They had the best team last year with them barely throwing to a 6'5" wide receiver who was great. Coaching staff didn't know how to use him. SJC had a senior QB last year that they say on the sideline because they couldn't swallow their pride when the other two couldn't produce. So yes it was time for Cosch Patterson to go! He has made some horrible coaching decisions. 

got2bmorecareful
12/19/2015 10:02:23 PM
Agree @Crazy

Go_johnnie 👍🏿👍👍👍🏿

got2bmorecareful
12/19/2015 9:49:53 PM
Disagree @go_johnnies

Argubably! WCAC is the toughest high football league in the country.  SJC has been in the middle or near the top, year after year.  LIL Joe did not & could not manage talent well enough to win a Championship, PERIOD.

Yes, it's a tough job, and I assume a tough call for SJC shot callers to fire little Joe, which may have contributed to a delay of his firing for at least a decade +yrs.  This past season was not the reason lil Joe was fired, the last 8 seasons was the reason he was fired.  

You can't constantly keep recruiting dawgs on your team, get them on campus and try to tame them to be pussy cats and expect to WIN in this league. 

If we want to call this the toughest league in the country, then you have to play, coach, and recruit tough to Win. 

I beg to differ with coaching staff not knowing how to use players. I personally, know that they have or had plenty of solid experienced coaches (former NFL, D1, National Youth coaches, etc.) on staff at the JV, Frosh, and Varsity level; however, lil Joe didn't LISTEN to them and did not follow the K.I.S.S method.  

As far as the Defensive of Coordinator - he's been there for quite some time and was passed over.  Well, I hope the DC is not 😎 Blind, it's just a matter of time.  Best to leave on his own account before the 🔨 comes down. Defense win 🏆championships (you seen🙈 any lately).

Last year they had a 6'5 WR (now at Wake Forest) and didn't throw him the ball in OT game against DM, after scoring a TD in game, and getting numerous DPIs against DBs. I knew then that the HC could not coach and was out of touch with KISS method. Little did I know that lil Joe lost 2️⃣3️⃣straight to DM.....Cmon Man. 

👍Yes, it was ⏰ for lil Joe to ✈️✈️

Crazy
12/20/2015 12:19:12 PM
This post has been removed.
gostag
12/22/2015 10:03:57 PM

Dear Santa, all we want for Christmas is lil Joe back at St. John's coaching those dudes.  Go Stags! Love, DeMatha

OneDeMatha1992
1/6/2016 11:13:44 AM

There sure are a lot of Baucia sitings on this here!