Attention SportsFans!

Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent closing of schools and the spring sports season, we will be temporarily shutting down the site to make small changes and improvements for the fall.

As always, thank you for your patronage over the past 15 years and we look forward to seeing you online when this is over. Any questions can be directed to editor@dcsporsfan.com.

Sincerely,
TheSportsFanNetwork.com

Live Broadcast Link: De La Salle vs. Corona Centennial 11:00PM EST

12/19/2015 10:42:20 PM
BigDrop
12/19/2015 10:42:20 PM

http://www.twcsportschannel.com/livetv/cif-sports-live-2 type in "California" for your state.  This is Time Warner Cable's Sports Channel.  Corona Centennial is ranked #1 in several polls while De La Salle is top five.

The Texas state 5A Division II Championship between Katy and Lake Travis (both undefeated) is being broadcast live on Fox Sports Central which is 301 on Verizon; also carried by Comcast  but unsure of the channel #.  Halftime, Katy is leading.

BigDrop
12/19/2015 10:46:55 PM

This is the California state "open" championship game.  The rankings that I note above are national rankings.  It is probable that the mythical national championship winner will either be the winner of the CA or Texas games.

BigDrop
12/20/2015 2:03:45 AM

Katy won the TX state championship, 34-7 over the previously undefeated Lake Travis.  Katy was 778-62 with ten shutouts and a 16-0 record.  One of the best TX teams ever.

De La Salle beat Corona Centennial 28-21 who they also beat last year in the title game.  De La Salle's first game this year was in Texas where they lost to Euliss Trinity.  If it were not for that loss the 15-1 DLS could be national champions.  Either Katy or Colquitt County, GA will probably be #1 in most polls.  Probably DLS along with Bishop Gorman for 3rd and 4th; the Bishop was 15-0 w/ 6 OOS victories but they did not have a single shutout.

got2bmorecareful
12/21/2015 10:44:43 AM

WHO in the DMV cares about these games.  Is a DMV football team playing?  Ah no, so what is your interest....oh I know.  If team A loses and team B wins....then team B will move up....but team B lost to team C during the season....and DM beat team C, so DM should be ranked #1 in the nation๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฟ 

Getty up ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ

silverbullet
12/21/2015 3:37:39 PM

I cared about these games. I'm sure several other visitors to this site had interest also since this is a high school sports website. DeMatha wasn't mentioned in this thread until you couldn't control your agenda driven emotions and commented. None of these games would of changed DeMatha's position nationally so your ABC theory was typical word vomit. 

Bottom line, if you don't have interest in a thread, don't click on it. You going out of your way to comment shows how much real estate DeMatha owns in your head. 

NewDC_Jon
12/21/2015 3:58:30 PM

Second that Silver. Thanks for sharing Drop. 

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 4:12:32 PM
Disagree @NewDC_Jon

Trust me betterthangreat is prematurely correct; because Bigdrop will make some case as always to get DM in the picture.  Hopefully, betterthangreat is wrong and AFTER the games are over Bigdrop will conclude with scores, stats, key players regarding these games........stay tuned.....

got2bmorecareful
12/21/2015 4:26:32 PM
Agree @betterthangreat

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

NewDC_Jon
12/21/2015 4:32:49 PM

Are you disagreeing with me agreeing with Silver? That doesn't make sense. You can disagree with Silver's premise but it is illogical to disagree w someone seconding a notion without disagreeing with the statement that was seconded in the first place. 

Or are you disagreeing with me thanking Big Drop for posting a link to a game others might be interested in? While his motives may or may not have been motivated by something else he shared information that might be of interest to others? Why disagree w a guy being nice even if he might gain from said act? Doesn't seem very nice of you betterthangreat. 

Also, are you referring to yourself in the third person now? That would be new. Or did you just inadvertently let everyone know that you use two screen names and you didnt realize which one you had signed in on when posting the above and the post from your other screen name - got2bemorecareful? 

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 4:48:57 PM

Betterthangreat doesn't need a 1st or 2nd opinion to vouch for betterthangreat on Bigdrops, Newjohn, or silverbullet comments but betterthangreat is happy to see that other readers saw where Big might be going with this post.  Hell, these games are played each year...nothing mention from Big (member for years) until DM was supposedly competing for #1 US slot. Hopefully, betterthangreat and other readers will receive a full report without any implications of DM from Bigdrop. Sorry, for disagreeing with a guy being nice๐Ÿ˜ช๐Ÿ˜ช didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. 

silverbullet
12/21/2015 6:54:05 PM

DeMatha being the national #1 ended after the Gonzaga loss in October. The games that were posted would never affect DeMatha's national placement(between #4-#12 depending on where you look).

The Katy vs. Lake Travis and De La Salle vs. CC games were a huge deal for high school football fans. He was being a good guy by posting them. 

Again, anyone that complains about a thread has a motive. Don't click on it if you're not interested. It's not that hard to understand. 

Hop over to your other handle and reply if you need any other help. 

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:44:14 PM

Good guys finish last or #2 in the DMV๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ˜ฟ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

silverbullet
12/21/2015 9:57:59 PM

Some rankings have DeMatha at #1 in the region and others don't. We're not discussing rankings though. We were discussing how the two games posted have nothing to do with DeMatha. You now understand that and look silly.

At this point I'm just happy that DeMatha pisses you off so much that you have to constantly embarrass yourself on this anonymous forum. Must be rough.

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 10:05:28 PM

Embarrass, really. I'm just getting started before you attempted to sneak these non-interesting HS football games as an agenda to the DMV audience to slide DM in the conversation.  I just beat you to the ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป punch 

Sorry to BUST (not burst๐Ÿ–•) your bubble.

silverbullet
12/21/2015 10:20:53 PM

There's no way to bring DeMatha into the equation of these games. There is no daisy chain long enough to do that. I would if I could, but you just can't do it. That's why your posts have been embarrassing. You need to pick your battles and this just isn't a good look for you. I'm guessing you're drunk. Nice buzz. 

kjj348
12/21/2015 6:59:06 PM

betterthan great refuses to acknowledge the fact that dcjon has called out betterthangreat's regrettable mistake of letting everyone know betterthangreat is also got2bmorecareful. betterthangreat regrets this snafu and would like to admit that this move was not betterthangreat in fact it was lesserthanaverage and next time, betterthangreat got2bmorecareful about remember which log-in he is posting from.

mds1
12/21/2015 7:22:20 PM

... and while it goes without saying let me still say that I absolutely fourth everything that has been said in this thread to the second power.

Merry Christmas

NewDC_Jon
12/21/2015 7:37:22 PM

MDS, I now have the same problem with you that I have with bemore and betterthan. It is illogical to think that you can fourth something to the second power. Please explain how it might be possible. If you are unable to explain using your current screen name, please create another one and explain it to me on that one while agreeing with everything you posted previously. 

And, to help my understanding of this feel free to reference Horatio Trebuchet in your explanation. 

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:59:25 PM

Birds who stick together flock together and watch the same cop shows I presume๐Ÿ•ต๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿฟ

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:51:55 PM

While it goes without saying.....fool you just typed it.  Let me guess top of your class in preK right

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:49:33 PM

Wow. So betterthangreat is a he......or is betterthangreat & got2bmorecareful a she or he.....or is it the same person๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ.  You see what happens when Bigdrop and NewDC play cops.  Do you two dress up like the village people as well๐Ÿš“๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ•ต๐Ÿ•ต. Can't wait to read got2bmorecareful response๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 10:21:14 PM

Got2b can speak for him/herself.  Betterthangreat says don't use a hidden thread to promote a #2 DMV a team or you will be called out. 

NewDC_Jon
12/21/2015 7:29:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up Betterthangreat/ Got2bemorecareful. I didn't say you needed a first or second opinion - but it’s good to know you think you don’t need it. But based upon your posts on this site you likely need a second, third, and fourth opinion for any and every decision you make independently. I mean every decision. Frankly, if the manner in which you live your life even remotely resembles the manner in which you post on this site, it’s a miracle you haven’t walked head-on into oncoming traffic thus far without some serious intervention from kind folks.

What you also need is someone standing over your shoulder reminding you what screenname you are logged in on when posting on this site so you don't inadvertently let the cat out of the bag and admit to everyone that you have multiple screennames for a high school sports website. Seriously, let’s look at the evidence: 

Both use emoji’s and smiley's much like a pre-teen girl would. 

Both are incredibly overly sensitive (also much like a pre-teen girl).

Both have a tenuous grasp on the English language. 

Both jump at the opportunity to bash DeMatha and DeMatha fans. 

Mysteriously one almost always immediately replies to posts by the other and always agrees with said posts in spite of them being virtually unintelligible and comically wrong 99% of the time.

Coincidences? I think not.

Again, BigDrop thanks for sharing the link. Always like getting to hear more about other HS sports programs across the country. 

BigDrop
12/21/2015 9:33:33 PM

Thanks, everyone.  I really didn't have an agenda on this thread-just wanted to share what I thought were opportunities to watch several very interesting games.

FWIW:

MaxPreps:  Katy #1

NationalHSFootball (Dallas Jackson):  Katy #1

USA Today:  Bishop Gorman #1

PrepNation:  Katy #1

PrepForce:  Colquitt County #1

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:42:27 PM

Great, so betterthangreat killed the DM mess before it stated after these games.  Good hidden agenda but sorry Izo sniff it out. ๐Ÿค˜

silverbullet
12/21/2015 10:02:50 PM

Not really. You just look silly and lost all credibility on this site. Complete train wreck of a thread for you. 

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 10:09:25 PM

Didn't know you needed credibility to write on this site.  Check the Forums and the # of views then see how much credibility is needed for betterthangreat sites. ๐Ÿ‘

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 10:14:46 PM

Myself and got2b along with your lame testimonies and others have made this post from Bigdrop worth viewing......Nobody cares about those games....don't let me post a forum about who gives a ๐Ÿ€ tail about other HS games about #1 ranking if they're not from DMV. 

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:39:39 PM

As wrong as always.  You appear to know to nothing but this ultimately proves my point, but builds your ego to speculate, assume, and get others on this site to think that you're educated (probably HS at most). Great to know that you watch a lot of TV i.e. CSI, Homocide, and Cops....Look dear I have collaborating evidence to break this "cold case" WRONG.  Betterthangreat says you're the only John on this site responding to this 3rd person, so if betterthangreat as a remote life betterthangreat has a Groupie and audience that you provide.  Thanks loner keep it coming.  I appreciate got2bmorecareful for sparking your investigative skills....oh I forgot the emoji's๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•DM is #๐Ÿ–•๐Ÿ–•

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:55:49 PM

Seriously let's look at the evidence....๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ do you have a cop whistle on your key chain.   ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

got2bmorecareful
12/22/2015 12:25:35 PM

A bunch of men gabbling like a bunch of hens, this group or sidebar talk is hilarious but also pitiful at most.  

BigDrop
12/21/2015 11:20:13 PM

Following is the title, page views and date of a post of mine from 12/14/2014.  Last year as this year I thought that several would appreciate it.  Please note how many page views there were from 2014-I thought quite a few people might enjoy this year's game:

12/20/2014 5:04:06 PM
6129212/21/2014 
1:25 AM
BigDrop
12/21/2015 11:31:20 PM

Yes, the same two teams met for the CA state "open" championship in 2014 and 2015.

I must also note that Corona Centennial is a public school and De La Salle a private.  In California, as in most states in the U. S., public and private schools compete for the state championship.  Colquitt County, #1 in a poll noted above, is public while Bishop Gorman, #1 in USA Today is private.  And, of course, Katy is public.

Maryland is one of only a handful of states where the state champion only has to beat other public schools.

NewDC_Jon
12/22/2015 3:48:27 PM

Well that escalated quickly. 

kjj348
12/22/2015 4:27:43 PM

some of these posts are so incoherent that i'm starting to feel bad that we are going after someone who actually is suffering from multiple-personality disorder, which is not funny in the least. and this is not sarcasm.

silverbullet
12/22/2015 6:51:31 PM

I have a feeling an old friend of the site decided to make a come back. I didn't really want to respond to him other than for pure nostalgia. If it is him, I know exactly where this rage came from....last weekends Ravens game.

betterthangreat
12/23/2015 11:15:53 AM

Well I agree.  It's not sarcasm - due to your comments being so far removed from the actually premise; it has to be categorized as Comedy (Sarcasm nah, that takes intelligence).  

When you go on tour are you going to wear your Cop outfit or are posing as an psychiatrist?

Wow...you watch too much TV.  Funny dude, Oops, almost forgot your (evidence) emoji ๐Ÿ“บ.

NewDC_Jon
12/23/2015 6:01:41 PM

Betterthangreat - I thought I was the cop in your clearly messed-up brain. Now KJJ is the cop? Or are we both cops? I must admit KJJ and I would make a bad a** cop duo. With his stellar flow and my wit we would be an outstanding combo.  

betterthangreat
12/23/2015 8:21:44 PM

Add Bigdrop and y'all would be the ugly version of Charlie's Angels, since it clear that you can't stand in your own high heels. 

betterthangreat
12/23/2015 8:24:13 PM

Oops I forgot your (evidence) emoji ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ’„

betterthangreat
12/21/2015 9:53:59 PM

Keep it coming. I have at least two more hours to kill before my favorite cop show comes on

kjj348
12/22/2015 6:38:16 AM

this is the first post in your last 5 postings which I can actually understand what you are saying. I just have to ask, what does this even mean:

Betterthangreat says you're the only John on this site responding to this 3rd person, so if betterthangreat as a remote life betterthangreat has a Groupie and audience that you provide.

WMAC Time
12/23/2015 10:46:42 AM

@BigDrop

Thanks for the heads up.   I happened upon the Lake Travis v Katy game thanks to your post.   Great game.  

Happy Christmas to all !!!

BigDrop
12/24/2015 9:04:57 PM

Thanks, WMAC Time.